Thread: Tip in
View Single Post
Old 14-Jul-2003, 23:07
Bikes: Ducati 916SPS

Tip in

This may be a bit of a strange question as most people want to speed up the turn in of a Duke but I want the opposite!

Let me explain, had a bad accident a couple of years ago thanks to the local council laying some new high grip surface (!) and leaving gravel all over the road. One written off BP and skin graft to foot, ouch.

Anyway since then it's been a bit of a knock to my confidence in the front-end turn in. I now own a 916SPS with a set of Marvic wheels.

I am finding that often just as I start to turn in the front end feels light as if it is going just wash out. This does my confidence no good at all.

I rode a friend's 916SPS a couple of days ago and that felt far more stable and confidence inspiring. Now it had standard wheels and HyperPro springs front and rear. I have ordered up the HyperPro stuff and will fit that as soon as I can.

Tyres are Pilot Sport Cup's (31f, 36r), suspension settings have been set to my weight.

I will try going back to the standard wheels soon.

So any ideas on a more controlled front end? I now know is possible by riding this other SPS so it has given me a bit of hope that I will be happy on my bike

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by Andy Hartland]