View Single Post
Old 19-Apr-2009, 15:29
Bevel Head

Mood: Neutral - but only maybe. 1994 Duc 916S1, 2006 Duc Sportclassic 1000 Sport
Sport Classic 1000 - Immobiliser problem

My 2006 Sport Classic 1000 has developed an immobiliser fault. Yesterday the bike cut out while riding and came to a stop with the EOBD light coming on but will it restarted after turning the ignition off/on. Today I was out and after a brief stop it totally refused to play ball and needed recovery.

The immobiliser light was flashing as normal when I came to restart the bike and after turning the ignition on the immobiliser light went off and the EOBD light was on with all the others during the instrument self check and then briefly flashed once as it should to show the key has been recognised but did not go out as it normally does to start. So the engine was still immobilised and would not fire though the starter does turn the engine over as normal.

When I got home I've also tried to start using my spare and master key with the same result. I've also tried to reset the immobiliser manually using the bikes code and 7 seconds full throttle aftre ignition on as described in the owners manual but the EOBD light refuses to go out using full throttle - so you have no reset code flashing to accept with the throttle. Totaly confused

Does anyone have any ideas on a fix for this or is it a dealer job?