View Single Post
Old 10-May-2006, 19:47
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Painting White Numberboards on a Seat Unit - Recommendations, North London

Just received my new (to me) seat unit via eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

It's not an OE Ducati item, it's made from carbon/GRP mix (so the seller says) and is a bit rough underneath, but it looks peachy on the bike. As it was previously fitted to a BP subframe, and all the plates. lights etc came with it, it was ready to fit.

Handily, it's already painted black (like my bike), but I want some white numberboards painting on it. I went to a local car bodyshop just to make enquiries and after 10 minutes trying to explain that no, I didn't want to have the whole seat painted white, just the back half etc, and after they said "Bring us a photo and we'll see what we can do" I lost all remaining confidence and gave up.

I'm really just looking for somewhere really close to me in N.London (N10/N22/N11 areas or nearby) who'll know how to paint a numberboard onto a Ducati seat that looks the part and where I can have the bike back the same or next day.

I know places outside London that could do a perfect job, but I haven't got the time to make the 2-way trip at the moment.

Thanks

[Edited on 10-5-2006 by zhed44]