View Single Post
Old 22-Dec-2005, 00:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
But when I did enter at the last Pembrey of the season it was linked and thats the rules I played to and the link was still there when I decided to prep a 750SS for next season which is why I asked the question on their website and suggested a update.

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
This is certainly not an isolated case and it just struck a nerve.

I can understand that, but I'm not whinging

If you had been with NG for as long as I have (bearing in mind i was mechanicing for my mates before I started racing myself) you would have known they value riders input.

At one time halfway through the season they would hold a riders forum at one of the meetings, where issues and ideas could be voiced with the committee taking note of what the racers had to say especially if the experienced racers raised concerns.
Following one such forum they introduced a warm-up lap before the races, prior to this there was no warm-up lap. You formed up on the grid which was about 10 riders per row and 3 to 4 rows (Wide Airfield circuits). Then when the flag dropped the race started. What changed things was the introduction of the Dunlop D207GP, it was pointed out that unlike the Pirelli Dragons (previous top choice for the racers) the Dunlops need to get some heat in them. Now none of the circuits wwe ran at had power and 1.5kw Gennys and Tyre warmers were a rare sight. So after this was pointed out by the racers it was decided to introduce a warm-up lap and it has been like that ever since.
Also when Streetstocks were introduced at NG a few rules were modified after feedback from the racers with a lot of the riders input going thru me.

Now I don't expect rule changes to be made once the season is underway unless on safety grounds but I do expect organisers to consider sensible suggestions during the closed season especially when made nearer to the end of the previous season rather than close to the beging of the new season.