View Single Post
Old 23-Nov-2006, 20:14
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Quote:
Originally Posted by loony888
without seeing them it would be hard for me to say, but, brake fluid stain is on top of the paint, and obviously so, if the scribble like lines are UNDER the paint get em looked at. they are very thin lines that look a lot like crows feet. you say brand new, were they old stock? did you get them painted? to be sure, you should find someone who KNOWS what they're on about to have a look, get someone honest, not someone who will just tell you what you want to hear.
i don't mean to worry anybody but it's worth remembering magnesium wheels are primarily for race use, smooth roads, frequent inspections etc, and i know what i'm talking about from experience, i've been running 2 piece marvic superlight wheels on my 888 and other bikes for years. catch them early enough and you can re-plate them and all is well.
cheers,
paul.

Yes - they were old stock. Had a look tonight. Rear - no problem.

But the front has these liitle 'worm type' marks here and there and now im worried - these wheels have only been on the bike a year and ive probably covered less than 1000 miles.

Ive attached a couplf of pics and close up it looks worse than it is - opinions appreciated..!

Nat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mag wheel 1.JPG (31.1 KB, 14 views)