View Single Post
Old 05-Dec-2009, 19:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconmaker72
But isn't the drive to circuits all part of the laugh of DDing? Hmmmmm,
sometimes.

I have spent the last 12 years racing myself and did a couple of years as pit crew/ mechanic before that getting up at 4:30 in the morning to make the trip to Lydden so I find the travelling a bit tedious these days.

Spent most of my early years racing with North Glos and that was Pembrey three times a year and the rest were airfelds such as Chivenor, Keevil & Wroughton, then Thruxton crept into the Calendar followed by Darley more.
Many on here would complain at that choice of circuits but we didn't we just got on with the racing, all grids were full and the club grew and prospered to get where it is now. Sharing the grids with us were several Manx GP winners along with a future & current BSS Rider.

Best way to get a good race Calendar is progres to British Championship Classes thn you get a chance to ride at the best circuits the country has to offer.
In the past New Era have had regular meetings at Donington and Silverstone, there's nothing they can do about Donington but if funds and available dates allow they'll be back at Silverstone. They also had 3 Mallory meetings last year but DD only raced at one of them, as for Cadwell its part of DD tradition to race there twice a year, with many using the DSC trackdays as extra practice.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook