Thread: 998r 999s
View Single Post
Old 07-Feb-2005, 13:11
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVE HARRIS
Having both a 998R and a 999R (I know lucky bar steward), I can say without hestitation that the 998R is the bike to get.
Personally I love the plugged in feeling you get with the classic shape bike and the feel you get from the front tyre, the 999 is an easier bike to ride but feels remote to me and is not as comfortable (the seat pad is a lousy shape and filled with mahogany) on longer journeys. Also on the road the 999 is a licence loser the mirrors are a fecking disgrace absolutely useless!
last year I did less than 2000 miles on the 999, araound 4000 on the 998 and around 2000 on annettes sps and the same on our old 916 hack bike. To me that says it all

dave

ps get the squish set and the cams indexed properly, my 998 now wheelies off the throttle in second gear and is still on standard gearing, the best money i have spennt on the bike!! Shame i am too much of a numpty to be able to use it to use all the power all of the time

Interesting............. so for you the 999 has no advantages over the 998??
Yeah, in terms of looks the 998's are sweeter but they must have improved some things in the 999's, right?