View Single Post
Old 13-Mar-2012, 15:37
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Fair to middling
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDL
There are very few people who will ever get full potential out of either the blade or the 1098 and those that do will either be in the fast group TD or racing them. Which really does limit the amount of people who can honestly sit down and say wether the bike is good, bad or whatever.

Anyone else really is playing at it, they are toys that are legal to ride on the road. Don't get too hung up on it. So what if x forum says this and y forum say that. Get your bike and enjoy it, you will find it is an awesome peice of kit.

Anyone one on here especially the DD lads will tell you at the end of the day it's 80% rider and 20% bike.

The Blade is an awesome tool but I know racers who if they had the money would race a Duc, Bongo for a start has said it just this week.

You own a Ducati, and they are a bit different, are they better? No they are different.

Paul #196

Thanks for that.

Not talking about handling or abilities of the bike. There's not a cat in hells chance that anyone can get 75% out of the bike on the roads let alone 100%. i bought the bike for looks, sound, uniqueness (and it goes with my leathers ) i dont care about 0-60 times or round the track because the Blade or the Duke (or a RG250) would kill me before i reached their full potential.

What im asking about is reliability, straight forward nuts and bolts mechnical and electrical reliability.