Thread: User Moderation
View Single Post
Old 12-Oct-2006, 08:40
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
WTF?? A year ago when i set upnorth up it would have been classed by some as a "beakaway" group despite my detailled explanations that it wasn't and that it was meant to compiliment DSC activities and give members more events to attend. Does this new rule now mean that anyone who tries to do anything outside of the club runs the risk of having every post they make censored??

On a seperate issue the time lag between post, moderation and publication also mean the post might even be relevant or could cause other problems.

It also seems that we are not capable of reading a users posts and making an informed decision on the posters intention, we're all adults with the ability to reason and debate when needed.

Given the current problems within the club ( perceived or real) this course of action will do little to help things. The people involved will just move to other sites frequented by a lot of users here and debate things, this then puts pressure on the site owners as to what action they take and i have no desire to have to start moderating or censoring posts on my forum, i'd think Dan at Ducatisti and Dom with DD also would say the same.

Maybe its time people thought through the consequences of their actions before carrying them out, that applies to however many "sides, MT, breakaway, evo whatever" there are involved.

I'd urge webteam to remove the moderation and those moderated to consider carefully what they post on this forum to avoid it ending up with this causing a bigger problem than it really is.