View Single Post
Old 11-Oct-2004, 16:59
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBushell

1) Eligable bikes

The primary requirement is for us to acheive at least 25 bikes to take to a grid. At the moment if the majority of entrants wish to use only 583cc carbed models, then we dont have a problem. As long as we acheive our numbers

If we need to include 620cc fuel injected ones to make up numbers, then we need to allow the 583cc ones to have a big-bore kit or run two classes. I will be able to confirm the two classes within the grid once we have seen the ACU at end of the month.

Chris
Is the preffered plan to have 2 classes? Or by allowing 600s to run big-bores would this mean a single class (if you allowed 620s)?

If I can run either a 600 or 620 in the same class, then the 620 would be my choice, but not if you don't include them in the first place. If I was to go for a 600, then I'd have no plans to fit a big bore kit or similar to a 600, as if I was to compete, it would really be a "tape the lights up, fill up the tank and go" type approach (well maybe a bit more, but you take my point, certainly no engine mods) and I wouldn;t want to be overly dissadvantaged from the off if I was not to run the later 620 model.

I understand that the final rules have yet to be defined, and appreciate that he rules will allow 600s to be overbored so that riders on these can have similar power, but I think that the quicker the rules are finalised the better.

If I can run a 620 I'll get one of them, if I can't, I'll get a 600 - Will you allow 620s???

Allowing us to have input in to these rules is appreciated, but probably makes your job more difficult rather than easier.. I appreciate all your efforts with this and wouldn't want your job!!!!

Thanks
Tim

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by Rattler]