View Single Post
Old 05-May-2005, 17:29
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
after the first round of the desmo due series and all the issues that went on: people helping others out, some not able to race due to crashes, people reversing engine work etc, the club spirit really showed through so my wife and i (through our croatiasun company) decided to put up an aditional prize for the series.

the prize will be a weeks accommodation for up to 4 people at one of our apartments in croatia: "apartment cetina" (not including flights, transfers etc) this is worth up to £250 to be taken anytime during 2006 subject to availability.

this award is for one of the desmodue riders, voted for by the riders themselves, anyone who has entered even one race is eligible to vote/be voted for.

votes will need to given to myself or my wife prior to us leaving the paddock at the last meeting of the year with the voters name, nominee and short reason why, on the voting form. the result and prize will be presented at the end of year dinner and dance.

it will be known as the "croatiasun desmodue sportsman of the year award"

this can be awarded for any reason at all: maybe someone devoting lots of time to helping others get back on track, maybe to someone who stuck with the racing even though they were always at the back, someone who's unlucky with bike failures, or just simply to someone for the superb riding performances. you decide.

That is a great prise and will go to a well deserved winner.
I wish you and your good lady all the best for the rest of the season.

O and you could send Geoff Spencer off now to nick a few points.