View Single Post
Old 07-Sep-2009, 02:49
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRR007
With the wealth of knowledge on here thought id open this one up to the floor. My bike still has sad old standard rear shock on it and after using a slightly imporved 900ss shock with linear spring off Doms bike for Castle Combe i really dont want to go back to the naff original one!

Ive been looking on eBay and cant find a single shock that will fit. Cant afford £400 for a nitron.... there must be a happy medium? im not going to be setting lap records, i rarely keep the bike upright or out of big air barriers so i just want the bike to be firmer at the rear when exiting corners.

I know people might not want to give away any racing secrets but what the best shock for a Class B bike..... For those on a budget. Any suggestions?

In my years in Class B I used a Hagon type N shock as I picked it up cheap from a breakers, it was off a injected model so was 5mm longer than the standard early SS shock. a new one according to their site is £275.
http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/HagShocksPr.htm

You get a good shock for your Money from Nitron which comes with adjustable rideheight.

I currently run a Ohlins but they're not cheap even seciondhand as they seem quite rare (Did Nelly sell the one he advetised)

WP also do a good shock but no rideheight adjuster but that never bothered Geoff Spencer when he was wining Class A races

Not sure what Penske do in the way of shocks for the SS but the one on my 996 is awesome and better than the standard Ohlins that Ducati firt the the Rs and SPSs.

Fox also make an excellent shock but haven't seen much of there stuff about
Also Technoflex make a decent shock but not sure of there prices

EMC are in the same price are as Hagon
maybe worth contacting someone like Brooks suspension in Bradford to see what they can offer
http://brooksuspension.co.uk/shop/ro...e399 cce58100

May be worth looking at getting a Showa off a 900SSie and having it re-sprung and re-gassed

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook