View Single Post
Old 22-Nov-2006, 23:19
Mille

Mood: Ride with me, Ground Shaking comes as standard..
How do you ride yours?

I'm really missing being able to gof for a nice dry hoon around.

After owning the bike for 18 months, i still do not appear to have settled into a particular style and quite often attempt at reviewing my riding "style" see if i can do anything different, say more efficient/quicker/smoother. Yet i've still to get into a natural rythm. Despite having covered about 8k miles on this particular bike.

I attended 2 trackdays this year both at Mallory, on the 2 occasions i found myself riding differently the second time i was trying to vary my style too much and was making mistakes and barely getting away with some. Other than more and more practice, i'm not sure how to find my best suited technique. (perhaps go to an advanced riding school)

I have wondered in the past if it is the nature of the bike that means a slightly different approach is warranted. I regularly ride with 1 particular mate and both of us have progrssed somewhat, however he is riding a Triumph 650daytona, and on more oten than not quicker than i. Partly due to him not being quite as cautious, i do avoid taking as many "risks". He does seem to be able to throw the bike about a bit more, and having loaded both into vans previously the weight difference is particularly noticeable.

I have often wondered if there is a particular knack to getting it right on the 749 (or twins in general)? Slow in fast out? hold a steady speed and power out early, keep it slower and tighter in the real tight stuff? i know there isnt an exact science but ....

Does anyone have any theories towards this or is it just etting more practice/confidence?