View Single Post
Old 23-Nov-2006, 07:18
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike mad
it's the wrong time of year to find you limits, the traction is 80% of what itis in the summer, and so inconsistent.
It's fast in and max lean and on the gas on tha apex, thats what ducats do best,
to be fast you have to feel the bike and tyres and know what it will do and what it wont and that means feeling and finding out the hard way, the best racer in the word still falls off to find out when it wont,
I know I fell of a few times to get where I am now,

just goes to show how different people are. i would disagree with most of the above. not because its wrong just because i have a different style.

i dont think fast in is the way, for me better to go in slightly slower under total control and try to power on as early as possible before the apex generally speaking. if you are on max lean then there is no margin for error or correction if needed for any reason. i also dont think you need to crash to find your limits. you can explore and push your limits gradually without the risk of smashing either yourself or your bike up. IMHO

as for riding 'style' really just go for what you feel comfortable with. if you look at the top motogp riders there is a huge variation in riding styles, some of them really 'poor' according to the 'experts' bt they get round a track ok!

Last edited by dickieducati : 23-Nov-2006 at 07:40.