View Single Post
Old 05-Aug-2009, 21:51
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Castle Doom trackday today

I did Castle Doom today with Nick B on his R. First time on the track for me. The DD bike failed the noise test coming in at 107db @ making me rev it to massive 7.5k. Nick B failed his Ducati 996 fitted with wets as well with baffells in aslo 107db. His mate on a Mille failed by getting a 109db. Soon sorted for me by putting in my baffels which gave me 102db. Nick swapped to his R6 with shitty slick-ish tyres which passed with 102db also. So be warned if your going to do some DD pratice there Wed before the race, take some baffels just in case their strict.
First session was a minger wet one and to honest I'll be dammed if I'll race that in the wet. As you come into the start straight they have fresh painted car spot white lines. They are massive long and thick and step your back wheel out in the wet. I see what people mean now by bumpy... Second session NickB took #34 out and he rode it round like a pussy in the wet as well
Just before lunch the track dried out really quickly and then we could get some decent laps in, really enjoyed each session all be it thay are short ( 15min ) I dont think I have learnt that track by far just doing that 1 day, its more than I thought and my. I have watched every DD there as a spectator, and all I can say is...respect..
Anyways.. couple of pics I bought from the photo guy there today.

Craig