View Single Post
Old 11-Jun-2009, 11:04
Mille

Mood: Mood? I'll give you mood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith888
Why not just use a standard house alarm as they come with nice loud alarms and strobes? Doesn't even need to be a wireless one. My garage is wired into the house alarm and you certainly notice if you forget to turn the alarm off before opening the door!

Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Yep,best if its wired into the house alarm system,but if the building is remote,Screwfix do a nice little alarm kit for not a lot of money.
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/34004/...it-with-2-PIRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
A pair of damn big rotweillers

Chris

Thanks gents - it's maybe a touch of overkill (I only need 1 door sensor really) - but I think Screwfix's one may do the job quite nicely. It contains 2 bikes and my drum kit so I'd like to know if someone's attempting to liberate them. I dunno about having the box on the outside though. Aren't you supposed to place them somewhere out of reach?

And rott's are out the question as I spend a fair bit of time in there tinkering and practicing, and couldn't be bothered with that dog smell and constant pestering for treats/tummy rubs. Unless... If I built a perimiter fence (maybe electrify it), dig a faux moat then I could leave the dawgs to patrol it outside...