View Single Post
Old 18-Nov-2006, 18:14

Talking Beauty in the eye of the beholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Nope,I'm drunk and that sorta bollox p*sses me off.

Whats wrong with you matey, had a bad day, really dont like your stone ugly 999? When they came out the only way to sell them was to get the 998's out of the shops;- and even then Ducati went into a world wide sales slump. Six years ago, all we had was a lot of complaint about the over complicated 'stationary' design aesetic of the 999 (too many lines parrallel to ground, tank top, seat, belly pan etc)

Ducati is nearly broke again, thanks to the ugly design of an inherently successful motorcycle (999) that dont sell in the required quantities; along comes the design evolution of a motorcycle that was regarded as a design icon 998/916 (was in the Guttenheim along with an MV) and you struggle to see the bike as a vast improvement on the 999.

Be warned sell your 999 now, and put a deposit on a 1098, because when they lob you wont get enough money for your 999 to be able to afford the deposit, and you will be stuck with the 999 unless you sell it to me so that I could use the engine parts as spares for my 998R.