Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 28-Aug-2009, 10:01
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Insurance quote!

I have a work colleague who has is eye on a nice low mileage 749R.
He is 26, clean licence, lives in Kent but the bike will be kept at a family members brick built lock up garage in Welyn Garden City, has 2 yrs no claim and the cheapest quote he has so far is £1200.

He needs to find something cheaper or he'll not be buying the bike. His dealer has also said that sales are down because people just cant get reasonable rates.

Has anyone on here got any suggestions!
Old 28-Aug-2009, 11:05
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgbob44
I have a work colleague who has is eye on a nice low mileage 749R.
He is 26, clean licence, lives in Kent but the bike will be kept at a family members brick built lock up garage in Welyn Garden City, has 2 yrs no claim and the cheapest quote he has so far is £1200.

He needs to find something cheaper or he'll not be buying the bike. His dealer has also said that sales are down because people just cant get reasonable rates.

Has anyone on here got any suggestions!

Bob,

Interesting thing is that my 22 yearold son has just had a quote for his ZX6R of £180 TPF&T, he has got 5 years no claims, from Just Motorcycle Ins through Carol Nash. What we found was that by going to Bennets online, deleting the legal protection, roadside recovery, etc we managed to get the premium right down and then we got a reasonable quote, took it to Carol Nash and they matched it.

I think his quote could well have to do with the fact that he doesn't have much experience (no claims) and is after an "R".
Old 28-Aug-2009, 11:53
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
I've just renewed mine, used thebikeinsurer.tv as advertised on Eurosport to do a quick comparison... first time I've had a 1-bike policy for several years so made it a lot easier, but managed to cut over £100 off my renewal quote.
Old 28-Aug-2009, 17:06
Bevel Head

Bob, get him to try Hastings Direct. If you call the bike dept they will even cover mods which they advertise as not doing. They were £200ish cheaper then my old insurers Ebike.
Old 28-Aug-2009, 17:22
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
That sounds about right to be honest.......:-0

I used to pay about £1k when I had the 748sps in London in 2000 & I was early 30's then...........clean licence, no claims disc etc etc

26 & a 749R - now that would be cool
Old 11-Sep-2009, 11:15
Big Twin

For me, my brother and two of my mates no one could touch Swinton.

If you go through Go compare there is also a £70 cashback. My brothers new Blade ended up costing him £152 fully comp. My new RSV4 was about £230 fully comp, protected, legal cover, £350 excess.