Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Jun-2012, 17:41
Big Twin

Another thing to take in consideration which is new to me after DD is this.

When you are looking at the sky 10 minutes before your race starts deciding which tyres to go with your stress level goes throught the roof just thinking about changing the wheels.

Was bit wet though.

Old 10-Jun-2012, 17:56
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I sense some manipulation in the numbers Kev; race 3 wet are you considering Andy C as a finisher? Is so that's manipulation of data. If not I apologise.

Otherwise good work....clearly as bored as I am right now
Old 10-Jun-2012, 18:02
MotoGP God

[quote=

As for the "only another set of wheels/tyres" comments: I raced from an estate car with a trailer (it was the cheapest option for me, and if I had had to buy a van I may not have raced). Anyway, my point being that I already took bike, tools, Gazeebo, spares (including a set of wheels/tyres so I could practice on an old set and put new ones on for qually/race), food, riding gear, fuel and other bits and pieces. I (by that I mean my suspension and space!) simply couldn't have coped with "just another" set of wheels/tyres..... as it was, I didn't take spare fairings because of space.

[/QUOTE]

So you already had a spate set

Totally agree with direction it seems to be going: leave it to race control but be mindful if a race gets scrubbed there's no whinging
Old 10-Jun-2012, 18:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
I sense some manipulation in the numbers Kev; race 3 wet are you considering Andy C as a finisher? Is so that's manipulation of data. If not I apologise.

Otherwise good work....clearly as bored as I am right now

On my Spread sheet I had both figures, but as the result was taken at the end of lap 4 without Matt being included as the cause of the Red Flag then at that time the figure relates to those still out on track incliduing Andy, a DQ for other reasons enforced after the race is called removing him from the result doesn't change the the amount of riders out on track at the end of lap 4.

As the idea behind looking at the Stats was to do a comparison between the amount of riders still racing when the result is declared against those that started the race but didn't finish for one reason or another then including Andy is needed for a fair comparison, not doing it this way would be manipulating the figures,

As for having spare wheels for Wets I wouldn't bother I would just bring the Wet bike

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Jun-2012, 19:55
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by brummydave
yaay,another one that has been there and can see through the fuzz of a conveluted argument,i suppose if we focus in the general direction of no wets but maybe call or void the race race in exceptional circumstances then we are going in the right direction.However the track did seem to flood in rather a short period at anglsey,maybe this is due to the coastal location.

As I said in a previous post Brands a couple of years ago was stopped after 6 laps as conditions were too bad in the organisers opinion due to standing water at the base of paddock.

Personally, for me, that race wasn't as bad as Anglesey was. So tyres are fine, but race control need to call it, I assume they would get direction from the marshalling posts as to the depth of standing water.
Old 10-Jun-2012, 19:55
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Another thing to take in consideration which is new to me after DD is this.

When you are looking at the sky 10 minutes before your race starts deciding which tyres to go with your stress level goes throught the roof just thinking about changing the wheels.

Was bit wet though.

Is that you in a Duvet you fat git.
Old 10-Jun-2012, 19:59
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
On my Spread sheet I had both figures, but as the result was taken at the end of lap 4 without Matt being included as the cause of the Red etc etc

So what was it with Andy out? Will be the worst of the weekend for DD won't it?

Take the wet bike; love it
Old 10-Jun-2012, 20:32
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggyboy
I hate the rain, that's why I have paid extra for sunshine at Oulton
think you may have been ripped off coz the forecast looks pretty shite
Old 10-Jun-2012, 20:37
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Is that you in a Duvet you fat git.

No just big boned.......

Actually due to Welsh air pressure and fluctuations in the Yen things may appear larger than real.
Old 10-Jun-2012, 22:22
500SD

Mood: ready to race
we had two bad crashes on saturday in hot and dry conditions , because people push harder and ride ubove limits so perhaps we shouldent race when its hot and dry . ffs wot are we a knitting club or race club