Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Jan-2005, 16:01
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Just wondering about these improved dyno results, is this from fitting the PC111 alongside the standard ECU or the DP ECU that comes with the pipes. If you have a PC111 is a the DP ECU that comes with the pipes necessary or is it a waste of money and if so how much does it add to the kit price. Or do you just buy the termis and a PC111 and use the original fitment ECU.
Old 22-Jan-2005, 16:32
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
fueling

standard fueling
this may sound stupid from someone that doesnt know?
But dont the settings on the standard setup are there for passing emmision and niose constraints set by the EU.
thats why theres flat spots so they pass the drive by Db limits at certain revs.
Im sure if Ducati can run GP team they know how to get rid of flat spots,so they must be put there deliberetly?

Old 22-Jan-2005, 16:44
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by 888heaven
standard fueling
this may sound stupid from someone that doesnt know?
But dont the settings on the standard setup are there for passing emmision and niose constraints set by the EU.
thats why theres flat spots so they pass the drive by Db limits at certain revs.
Im sure if Ducati can run GP team they know how to get rid of flat spots,so they must be put there deliberetly?

I'm not sure I agree, there are so many variables in a mass(ish) produced bike and all settings are within a tolerance. This includes TPS, ECU, etc, etc.... The idea of getting fuelling setup for a specific bike is so that it matches all of the exact settiings of the bike.

Normally the fitting of a Power Commander included lots of setup of the above variables and a rolling road to see what modifying of those variables can achieve. A bit like blueprinting for engines.

Bikes can be set up to produce power at all areas of the rev range - dependant upon their intended purpose, so there may well be a flat-spot in the rev range given the above variances in tolerances.

Tim

[Edited on 22-1-2005 by Rattler]
Old 22-Jan-2005, 17:13
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
flat spot

Rattler
Im confused (not uncommon) I thought all CPUs where cloned off a master so if the master has a flat spot at 4000 revs all the others will too.
Triumph TT600 comes to mind.
So surely if you can get a DIY kit to remove a flat spot why cant a multi million pound bike company.
Old 22-Jan-2005, 17:56
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Ah ha! now your reading!
If you look at any power curve there will allways be a couple of inbuilt dips to assist with passing both emissions and noise tests limits at certain revs.

Because of the infinite amount of settings within the pc111, you can keep going and going..........John said he did 4 power runs.

Purely as a comparison, I now have 150bhp and just over 80lb/ft of torque. The 749 race bike they use has around 143bhp and 73ft/lb of torque. These figures are also at considerably higher revs.

Yes i know you can argue i couldnt even use 100 bhp, but thats not the issue in this thread.
Old 23-Jan-2005, 13:09
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Don't forget that if the bike is running a u59 computer the cheaper 'chip only' solution is not an option (This includes all 749 and 999's) The whole thing is replaced with a new unit programed with the new fueling. Also once the unit has been fitted it will not work on any other bike.

Most termis come with the unit included, but if you buy a used set of termis, you would need a new ECU, which is about £400

FIM do make a programable unit but it is £450 approx which is even more than the Power Commander which is about £250

[Edited on 23-1-2005 by electricsheep]
Old 25-Jan-2005, 19:57
Big Twin

I was informed by a main dealer ( cannot remember which one ) that the ecu that comes with standard bike is not exchangeable but the one that comes with the ducati performance kit can be used on another bike.
Can anyone confirm if this is correct ?
Old 25-Jan-2005, 20:18
Big Twin

my 996 bp has open filter with termis and ultimap chip and it has slight surging and a stutter around 5,000 rpm in top gear.
Ride it hard you do not notice these faults but for normal riding they are a pain in the butt.
When i get enough saved pc3 and dyno time will fitted and set up.

Adrian