Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-May-2006, 20:02
Mille

Ducati Manchester Issue (resolved)

I am fuming. Waited two weeks for my clutch plates and clutch basket from Ducati Manchester. Had to keep chasing to find out where it was. Wife called me this morning to say it's here. Get home tonight only to find out that they have sent a clutch drum instead of the requested clutch basket !!!

[Edited on 27-5-2006 by flanagaj]
Old 26-May-2006, 20:24
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
To be honest it rare i would chip in on a post like this, but i agree.
I think there is some unrest there at the moment however getting parts is proving to be quite a special task.
Things you would expect in stock are not, like simple service items. When ordered they are wrong, depends who you get in there but if you get the wrong one then you are buggered quite frankly.
Most staff use common sense but there is a real jobsworth in there who wont help, or even look on the fishe to try and match parts from another model.
I used to spend money there until i got served by numbnuts a couple of times so now i order elsewhere like woods or get it posted.
Also i like my new parts to be - well funnily enough new. I dont like paying for new parts which are cleaned up second hand parts.
I have only praise for Honda preston / Wyder group (same owner) its a shame the new honda dealership stands head and shoulders over Ducati manchester.
Old 26-May-2006, 20:28
Mille

They did my Termi system and whilst I had to wait 3 months, the service was ok including collection and delivery. I had no complaints except that when I got the bike back, I noticed that both tyres were 30% overinflated
Old 26-May-2006, 20:29
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by crm250
To be honest it rare i would chip in on a post like this, but i agree.
I think there is some unrest there at the moment however getting parts is proving to be quite a special task.
Things you would expect in stock are not, like simple service items. When ordered they are wrong, depends who you get in there but if you get the wrong one then you are buggered quite frankly.
Most staff use common sense but there is a real jobsworth in there who wont help, or even look on the fishe to try and match parts from another model.
I used to spend money there until i got served by numbnuts a couple of times so now i order elsewhere like woods or get it posted.
Also i like my new parts to be - well funnily enough new. I dont like paying for new parts which are cleaned up second hand parts.
I have only praise for Honda preston / Wyder group (same owner) its a shame the new honda dealership stands head and shoulders over Ducati manchester.

It astounds me that in this day and age companies are able to survive regardless of how poor their customer service is. Unless I just fit the plates and use the old basket I will bikeless over the Bank Holiday w/e
Old 26-May-2006, 21:44
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
not good reports about this dealer on any of the uk sites: UKMOC, Ducati up North or DOC
Old 26-May-2006, 22:21
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
I understand the owner of the shop has now been pointed in the direction of 'the' forums and is working to improve things, DUK should have had a word by now though, this subject just keeps coming up !

Well let's hope he reads this and I can give him some feed back as to how they can improve.

PS - Anyone live in Dorset with a spare clutch basket ?
Old 26-May-2006, 22:29
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
Please don't think I was defending them, I'm not, just after another problem arose I heard that things would be getting sorted ??

Oh no, I did not get that impression.
Old 26-May-2006, 22:33
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

I have bought all my parts recently from WM Snell, Alton, very helpful on the phone, happy to give the DSC discount and the parts arrive when they say. If your buying parts over the phone and having them delivered the location of the supplier is unimportant so you may as well use Snells, enjoy the politeness, helpfulness and service that they give everytime (in my experience)
Old 26-May-2006, 22:38
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Thats a good thing if he does take a peek. I am happy to give full and frank details if requested.
Have spoken to his brother up at preston, and he was a decent chap as were all the guys up there. I bought a new CBR600RR from neil in preston, got a reasonable deal from him and could have easily bought new elsewhere and saved a few quid, but what swung it was his honesty and willingness to to a deal as best as he could.
To many dealers will try and take your money and lose interest after you have ridden away. Neil was nothing but helpfull when we found a problem with a damaged panel from crate damage and did everything he could to resolve the problem.

It's all to easy to put people and dealers down, but credit where credits due they have got it spot on in Honda preston and i would buy my next new honda from them without issue. However i also run an ageing 1995 916, and years ago parts and help and advice were not a problem in manchester, but nowadays you almost feel looked down upon because its not the latest ducati and why would i want to keep the old thing on the road. I understand parts for the old 916 are getting hard to come by and hence the wait for some stuff, but waiting for valves for months when other dealers had stock was a pain, then when supplied i got 2 pairs of inlets so back to square one. Not stocking air filters for a 916 - twice !!! these are the same as most others. A speedo cable which had no thread at the end it fits to the speedo drive (thats going back tommorow - hope i get jobsworth again). i would go on but you get the idea.
I hope things get sorted out in there, the lads in the workshop are good and if you can catch them are always friendly and helpfull.
Old 26-May-2006, 23:16

i called ducati manchester a few weeks and told the guy on the phone i wanted the engine serviced please (as its the only thing im unsure of how todo) the reply i got what do you mean a engine serivce. i then proceeded to say belts/valves/rockers/oil/filter etc he then told me he didnt know and would call me back taking my details im still waiting for his call back......

flanagaj you have u2u mate

crm can i have that guys details please mate one a oulton thanks