Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Jun-2005, 14:30
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Just in time for TA4

There's a Cadwell Circuit guide by Leon Haslam in this months Motorcycle Racer- time to get studdying

And a superb line at the start of the article - "if you don't love riding around Cadwell then maybe you're not functioning fully upstairs".

Old 16-Jun-2005, 14:45
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve M
And a superb line at the start of the article - "if you don't love riding around Cadwell then maybe you're not functioning fully upstairs".

I have to agree with that. Cadwell is my local circuit and I've just completed my 3rd track day there.

Rockhopper kindly provided me with a superb video loop or a BSB rider going round Cadwell. It is on my website as a download, see link below. It shows you on a circuit map where you are, and the speed/gear is displayed. Try as I might though, I have not got to the 165mph along Park Straight. Not sure I really want to ... slowing up in time for Park corner is hairy enough from 125mph!

(it's a 15MB .exe file, big but it's safe to download and run - I recommend 'right-click -> save target as' then run once it is downloaded)

http://82.70.86.166/handk/images/tra...5/cadwell4.exe

Let me know if that link does not work ... cannot try it from inside my network here.

[Edited on 16-6-2005 by HW]
Old 16-Jun-2005, 15:28
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Downloading it now HW. will let you know.

Nice to know some other poor sod lives in the town i born and bred in, fortunatly i hade the common sence to move
Old 16-Jun-2005, 15:30
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
No sound on that download?

I seem to remember going somewhat slower than that around there....

Hrmmm ... must get larger testicles, preferably made of brass.
Old 16-Jun-2005, 15:36
Big Twin

Another track guide

http://82.8.101.234/pics/cadwell.doc
Old 16-Jun-2005, 15:40
Ducati Meccanica

It always looks easy when someone else is doing the riding, think i have my work cut out to even come close to those speeds
Old 16-Jun-2005, 15:52
Big Twin

It is an amazing circuit, plenty to keep you busy all the time. I find that I can hardly walk for a couple of days after because my leg muscles get such a workout on a track day... or maybe I am just really unfit.

I've just watched that video myself agin after 3 track days there and aside from the 165mph down Park Straight (I've only got a 749 which is now geared more for bottom end than top) it's about right. I think you'd struggle to get down to 1st gear on the Hairpin though unless you have a slipper clutch, I've locked the back wheel a couple of times downshifting there.

Dont forget that there is the new chicane midway between Mansfield and the left hander into the Mountain now. It's a right then left and is really slow. I don't like it much, but then the prospect of piling into the bottom of the mountain flat out after that straight is not a pleasant thought either. The first left hander is pretty sharp. Good fun though. Once you've ridden Cadwell my prediction is we'll be seeing more of you up here!

You're right .. no sound on the vid.

[Edited on 16-6-2005 by HW]
Old 16-Jun-2005, 15:55
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Bionicle
Downloading it now HW. will let you know.

Nice to know some other poor sod lives in the town i born and bred in, fortunatly i hade the common sence to move

Fortunately I live 8 miles outside Grantham so it doesn't bother me much. I notice they have recently doubled the size of the prison that is on the A52 towards Nottingham. Overflow accomodation for Granthamites me thinks.

Old 16-Jun-2005, 19:36
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by Bionicle

And I thought you left as the Poll Tax collecters came knocking on the door Bro!

Chris.
Old 16-Jun-2005, 20:49
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Poll Tax collecters

I think i am still on the list of poll Tax jumpers but im sure there must be a statute of limitations that must be about up by now, maybe i can come back.

On second thoughts seeing as how it may be pay by the mile over in the UK i think i will stay here :P