Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Jul-2006, 08:22
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
carbon fibre runners

can anyone tell me with some certainty (that is you've done it) whether these c/f air runners will fit a road bike with the std front subframe and headlight assembly please???
http://www.franckcarbone.com/rayon.asp?id=407
Old 20-Jul-2006, 08:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Doesn't appear so. They look like the fuse box and relays are in the way. The clocks could be a problem to without worrying about the head light.
Old 20-Jul-2006, 09:41
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
Loony there's no way that lot will fit into the space. The std subframe, fuse box, relays and headlight will all foul the carbon runner.
If you have the chance of a carbon runner then you can re-position the fuse box and relays easily enough to sit in the middle of the runner (where the ecu would mount on the works bikes), you'd need a custom light - maybe a mini projector ? and then the runner acts as the front subframe for your fairing mounts.
Not sure how you would retain the standard clocks arrangement but I'm sure that it could be sorted with some thought.
If you go down this route then you will then also need the bracket mounts that bolt onto the runner - these are used to mount the front nose cone onto and I have some nice CNC'd brackets, complete with nutserts, for just this purpose (CAD scanned and modelled from original factory brackets).
Any questions or if you want some pics of available space etc please let me know btw I don't have a headlight fitted up at all (nor indicators) and am just running a tail light and horn.
Old 20-Jul-2006, 10:22
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
thanks neil and nelly,i was looking at fitting a c/f airbox and runners but i have to keep the std headlight and guage assy. the airbox is no problem but i figure if there's runners fitted as std then i'd like to use runners of some sort. if i can't run it complete i'll keep the std airbox assembly (with K&N and open top of course!)
cheers,
paul
Old 20-Jul-2006, 17:58
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
The air box that runs with those runners is completely different to the road one loony. It's more of a tray with a back on it than a box.
If you want more air in there, have you tried lifting the tank? Fit spacers under the rubbers on the side of the tank and the tank retaing clip.
Old 20-Jul-2006, 18:54
Mille

Well, I thought that if you place such a runner, you have to do a lot.
Carbon airbox, carbon pieces on the frame to "seal" the airflow, and a lot @ the front. Heizer300 has bought a couple of weeks ago a 888 with such configuration, but with a aprilia head light (see picture).
Or you can do what Phil has done: endurance configuration, which I really like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (39.7 KB, 29 views)