Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 13-Jan-2012, 10:45   #1
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Economical recession
In this economical recession we are having, it seems insurance company's still want to get blood out of a stone had my renewal quote through from Ducati insurance yesterday for my 2009 Ducati Bayliss Rep which was nearly £100 pounds more than last year coming in at £910 fully comp,

So popped on line and tried Carol Nash who came in at £610 that's better i thought, but will try a few others.

So I tried Bennets online quote form they came up with £345.23, now that's even better i thought to myself, but would try a few more.

So tried MCE they came in at £217.00 but they did not have 1098R Bayliss rep listed in the drop down box so i selected 1098R I gave them a call and asked them about difference between a 1098R and my Bayliss Rep, they came back to me with an adjusted quote of £262 inc breakdown cover etc now this is more like it

In the mean time Carol Nash rang me saying they see i had been online for a quote, and i told them i had but at £610 they could forget it, after a while he came back on the phone and offered me it for £369 nothing had changed in the half hour since my online quote but they were suddenly able to offer it to me for nearly half their original quote, go figure !!!!

Might try a few more today and see if i can better MCE offer of £262

It just goes to show the huge disparity between insurance company's prices though and how all of a sudden they can drop the price by nearly half as in the Carol Nash quote.
Old 13-Jan-2012, 11:33   #2
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Unfortunately they're all businesses not charities and use the fact that people are reluctant to shop around work in their favour!

I always shop around with both car and bike insurance as it allows you to compare prices and know if you're getting a good deal or not.

It sounds like you've got a good deal with MCE, especially with breakdown cover. I've heard a few bad stories about Aunty Carole recently, but remember that you only ever hear the bad experiences out of the thousands of good experiences.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 13-Jan-2012, 12:40   #3
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
IMHO go with Carole Nash - you brarely hear issues with claims and they are a decent business
Old 13-Jan-2012, 14:32   #4
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Well following what Bayliss boy said earler this year about equity red star (ducati insurance) http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=84878 with their quote and what Baylissboy said, i definatly will not be insuring with them. still going to try a few more mainly out of curiosity over the price differences.