Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-May-2006, 21:25
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
CC mixed grid : all together or split grid???

**DD Riders at CC only please**

Just thought I'd gauge interest in whether people prefer the mixed grid (as per DD '05 & Assen) or the split grid (as per Cadwell March '06).

Can't imagine NE giving us the option, but it may be worth asking if there's an obvious preference.

Cheers,

Ali
Old 17-May-2006, 21:30
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I'd prefer it if the aldi peasants were made to wait a suitable amount of time after the gucci departure to pay their respects to their betters before being allowed to progress.

There's a good chap.

To be honest I don't care either way.

Can we race yet?
Old 17-May-2006, 21:31
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I think we'd all prefer to have seperate grids, but it aint gunna happen at Combe. It's a shame for the quick 583 lads as they won't get the recognition that the quick 620's will get.

What is a BIG BIG pity is the fact that some people are now not entering for fear of not getting a ride - that is out of order and someone needs a good slap in the chops for ruining these racers series.

Just another lesson learned, and next year if there are 45+ of us, we'll avoid Castle Combe.

Just my 2nd class view
Old 17-May-2006, 21:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
its bad enough that a few Class B runners will get lapped if we all set off together, giving the Class A guys a head start will only mean a few more go home with less laps under their belts.
Besides if we all start together on a mixed grid 90% of the 620s will get to Quarry before the 583s.

Lets not make a bad thing worse
Old 17-May-2006, 21:34
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by domski
It's a shame for the quick 583 lads as they won't get the recognition that the quick 620's will get.

I was asking for exactly that reason as I remember how frustrating it was last year.

In case there's any confusion I'm talking about split grids in the same race, not separate races.
Old 17-May-2006, 21:37
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
its bad enough that a few Class B runners will get lapped if we all set off together, giving the Class A guys a head start will only mean a few more go home with less laps under their belts.
Besides if we all start together on a mixed grid 90% of the 620s will get to Quarry before the 583s.

Errr yes, but then the 583s will spend the whole race going backwards and forwards through the pack on the straights/corners.

Quote:
Lets not make a bad thing worse

Better idea; lets discuss it and maybe one of the riders reps could ask NE if there's an obvious preference.
Old 17-May-2006, 21:38
Ducati Meccanica

Dya know - i've lost interest ! I havent put my entry in yet. Seems little point now.
Old 17-May-2006, 21:41
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yes but Ali I would rather put the slower Class A riders behind me on the first lap and then at least be up with those lapping at roughly the same speed as me as opposed to catching the slower riders later in the race and watching my lap times drop
Old 17-May-2006, 21:49
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
Dya know - i've lost interest ! I havent put my entry in yet. Seems little point now.

Sorry Lin, didn't mean to p!ss you off, or stir up crap, just thought everyone would have an opinion whether they preffered a free-for-all or a race within your own class. I thought it was pretty normal question to ask the DD crowd as it's something we may be able to negotiate on for future rounds.
Old 17-May-2006, 21:52
Ducati Meccanica

Nooo Ali - not ****ed off at all with anyone.
Just annoyed about the battle we seem to have to have before races.
The one thing that always comes across is that the racers 'can' discuss it without a problem, thats good.
I just feel a bit sad with all the changing of goalposts.