Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Aug-2006, 22:47
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
when do i get to be big dom (at least iv lost the crasher clegg name) i think DC sounds good.

back to it

could we have a monthly email. i think chris bushall put a few out on the run up to the season start and about assen. i through they were real good and gave an insight that thing were going on behind the sences.
Old 03-Aug-2006, 22:56
Ducati Corse

• Rules for bike to be unchanged- Yes
  • Rules for riders: take a look at the rider eligability please & the need to MAKE the top 3 in the 583 'move up' as at present - not good for encouraging some to try for top 3 in their 1st year on limited funds!
  • NO 695's - Agreed
  • 6 UK rounds - 12 races - yes
  • 1 Assen round - no points - yes again (get prizes instead, I did offer to do that for this year)
  • No 'long' race - totally agreed
  • ALL points to count - no, drop one race, will encourage new riders to come out and play again next time in this club series.
  • 1 person to run the series - yes (can we ask someone like Jools to do this?) but keep 2 rider reps.
  • Trophies - yes please
  • Confirmation of rounds: Get NE to put in writing that we do CLUB rounds ONLY, and therefore they ensure a 10 min untimed practice at each & every round.
  • Voting: If really necessary, then ONLY done at prizegiving by a show of hands, not by email in a very small time frame (usually 3 - 5 days) as at present, though email to be sent out with time to think on forthcoming vote.
  • Rider Reps: To be confirmed by the 1st of Jan
This is from us both, as have been giving this some deep thought in the last few weeks.
Old 03-Aug-2006, 23:01
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
  • Rules for riders: take a look at the rider eligability please & the need to MAKE the top 3 in the 583 'move up' as at present - not good for encouraging some to try for top 3 in their 1st year on limited funds!
  • NO 695's - Agreed
  • 1 Assen round - no points - yes again (get prizes instead, I did offer to do that for this year)
  • ALL points to count - no, drop one race, will encourage new riders to come out and play again next time in this club series.
  • 1 person to run the series - yes (can we ask someone like Jools to do this?) but keep 2 rider reps.
  • Trophies - yes please
  • Confirmation of rounds: Get NE to put in writing that we do CLUB rounds ONLY, and therefore they ensure a 10 min untimed practice at each & every round.
  • Voting: If really necessary, then ONLY done at prizegiving by a show of hands, not by email in a very small time frame (usually 3 - 5 days) as at present, though email to be sent out with time to think on forthcoming vote.
This is from us both, as have been giving this some deep thought in the last few weeks.

hay thats good i like it. i think we got the basics here. i think the prizes for assen need to be something bike related like a new set of tyres.
Old 03-Aug-2006, 23:21
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
Basically, wot CK/AK said. I accept we're unlikely to get split grids, doesn't bother me, I'll race with the 620s or with CB500s, not got a problem.

Number of meetings - 6 plus Assen sounds good, start in April, one a month to October. All points scoring or drop one, no preference.

Rules unchanged, no 695s for 2007, if anybody really wants to race a 695 they meet all the entry criteria for minitwins, where they should be competitive. I don't believe the series can support three classes, if a 695 class is introduced which class is axed to make way? If 583 is axed there'll be a lot less riders in the series, and fewer new entries to the series. If 620s are axed there'll be some very unhappy competitors who've invested heavily in their bike.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 00:01
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint
Good idea MiniDom but there could be a mahosive bun fight it it got out of hand.

Leave buns at the door with the guns and knives??
Old 04-Aug-2006, 00:42
500SD

Agree with Dom's list.

Concerning AK and CKs comments:
"Rules for riders: take a look at the rider eligability please & the need to MAKE the top 3 in the 583 'move up' as at present - not good for encouraging some to try for top 3 in their 1st year on limited funds!"

Solution for first place anyway could be.............drum roll.........a 620 race bike ready to race next year. But they have to donate their 583 as a spares bike to the rest of the 583 grid ;-)

Any other (sensible) suggestions?
Old 04-Aug-2006, 06:44
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
  • NO 695's - Agreed
  • Trophies - yes please

That gets my vote!!
Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:07
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
IMHO and i would support either Paul J or Chris B to take up and champion the DD ! both have done alot of work....but now i feel its time the DD became the 100% focus for one person who has no other responsibilities within the DSC....the DD is a huge success and can continue to grow but will need focus to keep it mooving................

I dont see the need for riders reps...how ever un-biased they are they are always going to be biased in some small way......!..and once again brings in to many variables........

The rules and regs are pretty much sorted and only need minor tweeks...we as riders can simply vote on the issues and the RC carry them forward....

Riders are polled via email or mail and given for example 2 weeks to reply ..then when votes in majority rules.?......i cant see an issue with it.....

1 person to push and drive DD forward in the best interests of the DD its riders and the DSC............................

Phil
Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:37
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK

I'm flattered that somebody thinks that I'd be the person to do it, but I have to tell you I would be TOTALLY USELESS at 'running' DD. Although I like racing I know very little about it and virtually ZERO about the admin side. It would probably be like the humiliation that I suffered when I was press-ganged into refereeing a game of football for some local pub teams. I've never been that interested in soccer and didn't know the basic rules let alone anything about offside . People like Jim at New Era would probably walk all over someone totally green like me.

I would also support Paul J or Chris B in this position if the MT decides that DD requires a dedicated MT person. As Phil says, they have both done a huge amount to make the series what it is, they both know what they're doing in club racing circles and could hit the ground running, and they're both people who work their butts off to get things done.

Incidentally, I also support the idea of having a dedicated MT member assigned to DD. After all, it is one of the biggest ventures that the club has undertaken and is certainly important enough to warrant it. I'm less certain about disbanding the RC on the grounds that it's a hell of a lot of work for one person to do on a voluntary basis and whoever takes the lead is going to need some help, and (although it may not always be apparent) with the riders reps in place as the voice of the competitors the DD riders get far more say in what goes on in their series than in any other series I can think of.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^

Last edited by Jools : 04-Aug-2006 at 11:59.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 19:47
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
cheers for the honest answer Jools

someone like you tho mate.