Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Oct-2006, 10:14
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
who's on the RC for DD07?

2 questions:

if DD is run by DSC next year;

who will be on the RC?

and how are they voted on/elected?

nb. can we please just stick to the question and keep a side issues for other posts. im just looking for a simple answer to a simple question.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 10:58
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Dickie,

As announced yesterday evening, we have concluded our agreement with New Era yesterday and the New Era Club will be hosting the Ducati Sporting Club Desmo Due series in 2007. This will be their only dedicated Ducati series for 2007.

The current structure of the Race Committee is 2 x members of the Management Team and a riders rep for each of the classes.

There is currently a vacancy for the Class A riders Rep and Kevin will have to decide if he wishes to carry on for a 2nd year in 2007.

At present Paul James and myself are the MT represenatives on the RC, carrying on until the AGM. The MT will confirm who from the MT will be on the RC after the AGM.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 11:06
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Closed shop then
Old 09-Oct-2006, 11:20
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell

The current structure of the Race Committee is 2 x members of the Management Team and a riders rep for each of the classes............

.......At present Paul James and myself are the MT represenatives on the RC, carrying on until the AGM. The MT will confirm who from the MT will be on the RC after the AGM.

It is my belief and that of many of the riders, that the election of the 2 x RC members who are presently (and proposed to be for 2007) nominated by the MT should not be decided just by the MT.

Whilst appreciating it is a difficult job, there has been a great deal of dissatisfaction with the activities and actions of certain members of the RC (who had been nominated by the MT) that have left a desire that for 2007 the riders have a far greater influence on who makes up the RC.

If there is some sort of constitutional directive that means that MT members must sit on the RC, then please let me know where this exists. If it does, then why can we not as riders vote upon which members of the MT sit on the RC. MT members can perhaps put themselves forward for election and be voted on by the riders? The same applies for all of the RC, I know of a number of individuals who may or may not be members of the MT that I believe could do a great job on the committee and have some great ideasd for 2007.

After discussing this subject at length with many of the riders at Cadwell, it is believed that the DSC offers the best framework to run the DD, but that the proposed MT member of the RC for 2007 may not be in the best interests of the majority of riders.

As for my position as 620 rider's rep for 2007, I will happilt put myself forward for the role as long as I believe that the riders have voted upon who the MT members of the RC are.

In summary - Evolution, not Revolution is required for the DD series. It is a great series and with greater transparency and greater influence by the riders it will be even better.

Tim
Old 09-Oct-2006, 11:25
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
well said.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 11:29
BSB Star

Quote:
Dickie,

At present Paul James and myself are the MT represenatives on the RC, carrying on until the AGM. The MT will confirm who from the MT will be on the RC after the AGM.

thanks for the reply.

so to clarify:

1. the MT decide who becomes a member of the RC.
2. this is only done at the AGM.

if thats the case, then i am deeply unhappy with it for 2 main reasons:

1. there is clearly no democratic vote or election of RC members (notwithstanding the riders reps, who, with all due respect to those involved were unable/not allowed to effectively do anything this year). this causes a huge potential for manipulation of how the series works and what can effectively be done with it.

2. being announced at the AGM is way too late. the vast majority of the important desicions need sorting now, am im not happy with not knowing who will be in charge until 1 month prior to the series starting.

i also think its somewhat of a presumption to say that DSC DD will be the ducati series run by new era next year. lets be honest, new era will take a grid of 40 ducati's no matter what guise or name it comes under or who runs it.

i would like to add i really just want to race like everyone out there and have no alliegance to any club/consortium/breakaway group what so ever. there are however many issues which need to/and can be dealt with which will take this series forward and it is vitally important that the right people are in place to do this.

under the current system i just cant see how this can happen.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 11:32
BSB Star

just to add.
wrote my reply before reading tim's. trying to say the same thing really but i think he put it more eloquently than me.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 11:34
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
As for my position as 620 rider's rep for 2007, I will happilt put myself forward for the role as long as I believe that the riders have voted upon who the MT members of the RC are.

In summary - Evolution, not Revolution is required for the DD series. It is a great series and with greater transparency and greater influence by the riders it will be even better.

Tim

Well done Tim, I'll vote for you if I run a 620 next year.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 15:30
BSB Star

Quote:

so is this set in stone and cannot be changed?
Old 09-Oct-2006, 16:23
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:

But you weren't at the start of the year, it was PJ and Monty, so if you can be added half way through, why can't things be sorted now?