Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 13-Feb-2006, 17:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
What challenges left to him in bike racing? maybe the first 800cc champ or move to Ducati, wining on an Italian bike might float his boat.

Maybe wants to emulate Surtees, much more difficult now.

Can't see rallying being anything more than a bit of fun. You need experience in the WRC that you can only get by doing the events to see if you are up to speed. In F1 you can test and test and test, with or without the rest of the field to see if you are up to speed.

Rossi + Ducati
Rossi + Ferrari

The italian dream teams?

Ray.

[Edited on 13-2-2006 by Ray]
Old 14-Feb-2006, 00:00
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
think he will do F1. would love to see him on the 2007 ducati but F1 may be too much of a draw before then. would make him the most acomplished motorsport racer if he could win F1
Old 15-Feb-2006, 21:47
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
id love to see rossi on a ducati if you read his book he was so close to been on it.
Old 16-Feb-2006, 00:34
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
At the risk of a serious flaming I hope Rossi does go to F1 'cos, for me, when there is a sportsman in any sport who is totally dominant and the only thing that there is to speculate about is who is going to come second, then it all gets too predictable and dare I say it....boring...there, I just did.

MotoGP has become a bit like that for me just seeing Rossi take win after win (unless something very unusual happens). Yep, he can go off to F1 where they're all boring
Old 16-Feb-2006, 09:18
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
I'd like to see him stay in MotoGP, even if he wins every race.

To my mind the guy's a genius on a bike and I'm very very 'appy to be watching an era of racing that people will talk about in the future - the original 990cc MotoGP animals and Valentino Rossi.

I think a move to F1 would be a mistake for him, just getting in to his book now, and from the what I can see, his prime motivation is to have fun and prove that he's the best (rather than the bike). Well that's not going to happen in F1 - F1 does not allow for fun anymore, and without the best package it's virtually impossible to win. Like him or loathe him, Schumacher is (IMO) one of the top 3 drivers of all time, but in a less than competitive car last year he was nowhere - no amount of natural talent and ability could make up for it.

If Rossi goes to F1 there'll be no flunking the start, or running wide somewhere and then carving back through the field, just can't see him enjoying himself there

Martin
Old 16-Feb-2006, 09:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

He has prooved himself beyond doubt on a bike, surely he needs to do F1 to prove he is the premier motorsport champion of his generation, maybe if he can win F1 championship and has steam left after he might then try WRC and do one better than Surtees, he is young enough.

On the other hand he bings so much to motogp it will be a shame when he goes.
Old 17-Feb-2006, 02:45
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Quote:
At the risk of a serious flaming I hope Rossi does go to F1 'cos, for me, when there is a sportsman in any sport who is totally dominant and the only thing that there is to speculate about is who is going to come second, then it all gets too predictable and dare I say it....boring...there, I just did.
How the hell you can say hes boring just because he wins is beyond me,look at each race as a one off as Rossi does and there all exciting.
how winning on a previous years pig in a poke can be boring I just dont follow.
F1 is just no comparison its like single track scaletrix you could repeat the same race every 2 weeks and nobody would notice,I would'nt watch it even if Rossi did move and its hardly a challenge unless hes given a Smart car"
one reason he moved to Yamaha was he knew no one could touch him on the Honda so hes hardly likely to want race a winning car in F1 thats not really a challenge is it.
Old 17-Feb-2006, 02:55
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
rossi on a ducati would be 1 of the best things ever in motogp. . . i dont think he will go F1

/ian

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit