Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jan-2006, 01:45
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by 749er
... to the point where I keep sliding backwards on the seat when i crack it open, which never used to happen. Puts a huge grin on my face.

Derek, you just need a faster bike!

I´ll give you a ride on mine, that´ll put a smile on your face. I´m still grinning from ear to ear after a day at Jerez
Old 27-Jan-2006, 10:50
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
as its from the USA you will prolly have to pay VAT on the value of the goods and packaging

[Edited on 26-1-2006 by 749er]

Or just get a quick action throttle mod conversion done by JHP
Old 27-Jan-2006, 16:49
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Quote:
as its from the USA you will prolly have to pay VAT on the value of the goods and packaging

[Edited on 26-1-2006 by 749er]

Or just get a quick action throttle mod conversion done by JHP

If thats the 998 conversion I kopped a feel of one of those at Box Hill one sunny sunday and very nice it was too. Better than the Evoluzione kit I have but its £200 including labour, at least thats what Pro Twins charge. Think I paid £80, nc VAT, delivered, and I fitted it myself as its quite easy.
Old 27-Jan-2006, 17:02
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
It's a 998 kit with different cables cut to suite, so probably less than £80 if you're prepared to fit it yourself
Old 27-Jan-2006, 19:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
It's a 998 kit with different cables cut to suite, so probably less than £80 if you're prepared to fit it yourself

Sounds a good option. Don't know how others get on with the standard controller, but I cant take it from fully closed to fully open in one movement, its just too long a throw for me.
Old 27-Jan-2006, 19:21
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
... to the point where I keep sliding backwards on the seat when i crack it open, which never used to happen. Puts a huge grin on my face.

Derek, you just need a faster bike!

I´ll give you a ride on mine, that´ll put a smile on your face. I´m still grinning from ear to ear after a day at Jerez

ah, don't tempt me about faster bikes, I did think about that over the winter but I managed to keep the sensible head on.

Jerez, track time, bike and sunshine. Sounds like paradise. Still the days are getting longer, 8 weeks or so and it'll be all go. Got the 749 booked in to JHP in early March, for PC111 mapping, then shes off for new chain, sprockets and tyres, as they are all shot.