Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-May-2005, 17:06
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
b.t.w

this makes me feel great. not only did i end up way down the order but now everyone agrees i have the best bike and should be wiping the floor with everyone. thanks very much.

Old 09-May-2005, 17:06
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : domskidue
Why is it that the 620 riders are the only ones thinking we have a level playing field?

No, of course it's not fair. We are speaking about 2 different engines, the recent one created I think 6 years after the old one. But it has always be written in the rules that all engines won't be the same. That's why I bought a 620. Ok it's a little bit more expensive but we are speaking about racing, and everybody knows racing is dead expensive. Furthermore for me, as I am not a top racer like you Dom, so anybody doesn't pay for me to ride. And without any sponsor to help me, you can be sure DD racing is costing me more money than I have.

But I did this choice, and my girlfriend love me enough to accept this. So don't cry because you can't afford a 620, make a loan et basta.
Old 09-May-2005, 17:09
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
never said it was a level playing field. what'd be the point everyone crossing the line at the same time?

That's not even the point.

The point is that we were told that a 675 would be a match for a 620 - fact!

Then it's down to rider ability, the point of the series - fact!

When a 620 is pulling 5 or 6 lengths on at fully sorted 675 down a 300 yard straight, it's not rider ability - fact!

Not everyone has the spare cash to buy a 620, so when we were told a 583 with BB would be a match, those with little cash, bought 583's.

When a true novice pulls away from me in a straight line, it's not coz he's better, it's coz he has a machine advantage.

I know some people think I'm full of ****, but give me Geoff's bike and I'd lap as fast as him (not his week though).

So, now that we all know it's not a level playing field, how can you have a problem with seperate points?

It moves you up the table for a start!!!

This aint personal, I just feel like I'm talking to a wall
Old 09-May-2005, 17:09
BSB Star

way to go!
Old 09-May-2005, 17:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
CK you are on about the same budget, so far mine has cost me £1850 to have it on the grid as I did at Cadwell, in fairness if I didn't count the bits I already had it's actually nearer £1300. Wish I could have a DP pipe on it within that sort of budget.
Old 09-May-2005, 17:13
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
Can you transpose a 620ie engine and loom etc into a 583 based chasis ?

is it worth a consideration ?

Yes you can, but it's money again.

If you spent money on a big bore kit, why should you then spend another £500+ on a 620 engine?

Anyway, this isn't about having a 620, it's about recognising that there are 2 or 3 classes.

We all accept that the 620 is faster, that's barely an issue anymore.
Old 09-May-2005, 17:14
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
You probaly could put the 620 engine in the 583 chassis but you would have to gut the lower brace bar just as you would to fit shorter inlet tracts. Not sure what total cost will be Jim at Bike Enders had a 5 speed engine with some damage for £375
Old 09-May-2005, 17:15
BSB Star

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by domskidue

When a true novice pulls away from me in a straight line, it's not coz he's better, it's coz he has a machine advantage.

Maybe he had better corner exit speed than you Dommy ?

well i definitely did out of the first hairpin!

sorry below the belt.

yeah lets have different tables then. 620, 573 660. whatever.
novices, experienced riders, under 30's, people with less than 8 letters in their surname whatever you like.
Old 09-May-2005, 17:18
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Quote:
Message original : domskidue
Why is it that the 620 riders are the only ones thinking we have a level playing field?

No, of course it's not fair. We are speaking about 2 different engines, the recent one created I think 6 years after the old one. But it has always be written in the rules that all engines won't be the same. That's why I bought a 620. Ok it's a little bit more expensive but we are speaking about racing, and everybody knows racing is dead expensive. Furthermore for me, as I am not a top racer like you Dom, so anybody doesn't pay for me to ride. And without any sponsor to help me, you can be sure DD racing is costing me more money than I have.

But I did this choice, and my girlfriend love me enough to accept this. So don't cry because you can't afford a 620, make a loan et basta.

u miss the point..!!!!! the point is we were told a 600ss with a big bore would give the same power or close too as the 620.!!!! thats why some of us bought the 600ss we were accepting in the fact that it was an older bike with older suspension and brakes etc, but under the impression the power gap was able to be bridged.

And i have a big OD thanks and a loan

Phil

ps...and still i ask whats wrong with a 2 points system within the dsc? no 1 has come up with a good reason why not.

[Edited on 9-5-2005 by fil2]
Old 09-May-2005, 17:18
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Maybe he had better corner exit speed than you Dommy ?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

I was actually, for your information, Mr Weeks :P riding around the outside of him at barn, but once upright, he just pulled away, so there :P