Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 08-Feb-2012, 03:00
Bikes: 996 Bip / CBR600F

Hi all from North Wales...

Hi all,

just a quick hello and a little about me.

Live 10 miles from the Horseshoe Pass, passed test 3 years ago, first bike - Bullet 350 (new), then a VN900 Custom (new), added a CBR600F, then traded in the VN for a YB11 (which went back to the dealer) and now have a 996 Bip to keep the CBR company.

Married, two kids, three cats. IT pro for money, radio show host and club DJ for love.

Race classic cars and recently did a trackday on the CBR at Mallory...which might have been a mistake as I now want to swap/sell the CBR for a 600ss...with a view to racing.

If anyone is located near Wrexham, give me a shout, always looking for new folk to ride out with.

Simon
Old 08-Feb-2012, 07:21
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Hi Simon, welcome to the DSC, nice to have a convert aboard. If you read the DD section on here, you will learn all you need to know about racing in DD, there are still a few bikes available , a class A 620, and I believe there is also a couple of class B 600's for sale as well.

Chris
Old 08-Feb-2012, 09:44
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
H TyDee,

there's 600ss class B project sat in a garage in Chester.........cheap as chips and with a spare motor too

As for ride outs, i'm happily only on track these days. Though I can be caught at motorcorse in Wrexham most Saturdays with a number of other Duke nuts.

Mike
Old 08-Feb-2012, 11:18
Bikes: 996 Bip / CBR600F

@Chris...Thanks for the welcome. I have to admit that I've been through the DD info more than once :-).

@ Mike...I have seen your post in the For Sale section...a true bargain, I'd need to liberate funds from something else - should really get rid of my parakarting stuff as I stopped racing over a year ago. Must admit, I'm interested..do love a good project.

I know what you mean about preferring track as against road (i have no interest in performance road cars...the race cars are so much more fun), but then again...the A4212 north of Bala on a beautiful summers day on the 996...bliss.

Motocorse...is that the guy on the Wrexham Ind Est (also owns the printing company)?...nice chap and guided me to (ok, dispelled the myths) Ducati ownership.

Simon
Old 08-Feb-2012, 14:28
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Hi and Welcome to the forum. Keep on saying we should have a blast over in Wales but things just get in the way, maybe this year

Enjoy the Duke and good luck if you go racing.
Old 08-Feb-2012, 19:46
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Oh, and I forgot to mention the company I work for is based in Wrexham

Chris