Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Oct-2003, 12:18
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Digital Console

As some of you will be aware from previous postings I got a new Console fitted last week which has now sorted out those puzzzling fuel consumption figures. Averaged around 38mpg on a recent run and ohhhhh......... those Termis sound fabulous.
At first I didn't notice much of a difference from the stock pipes but I suspect that was because I'd just got off the Suzi SV1000 Demo bike that had a set of Remus cans on that I'd been lent.
Sorry forgot this was thread about console. Anyway when I now switch on ignition the digital screen goes through a 30-0 countdown procedure before going through it's 'normal' start-up procedure. Anyone else have this and how do I stop it?
Old 25-Oct-2003, 18:24
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hmm,thats a new one on me.
There is a dedicated Multistrada forum,www.multistrada.net.Maybe these guys can shed any light on the subject.
Old 27-Oct-2003, 11:11
Mille

KB, DUK reckon that it's 'cos 'spare' keys haven't been properly programmed in to new system. Taking bike in to get that sorted just as soon as I hear that Hugger is ready. Got another e-mail from DUK last Monday to say that they'd sent one (again!) to my specifically for me to my Dealer but it hasn'y yet materialised (deja vu? :P)
Old 29-Oct-2003, 21:37
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Why wait?I was in Italia Moto today and they had QB huggers in stock.Its a nice bit of kit and not too badly priced at 165 quid.A well made product IMHO.

They also had in stock,swingarm guards,lower exhaust guards,Termi exhausts and the 2004 DP catalogue.
No comfort screens tho!
Old 31-Oct-2003, 12:15
Mille

ACCESSORY UPDATE

Console/keys been reprogrammed by Dealer. No more Countdown when ignition turned on.
KB, QB hugger seems a bit pricey. Unbelievably DP Hugger was actually fitted to my bike yesterday and quality is excellent all for a 'mere' £146.00.
Even more unbelievably at time I went to pick bike up they'd just unpacked a Ducati delivery and lo and behold rear seat cowl was waiting for me too!
Really looks good on and I'm well chuffed with it!
Bottom line is all that I'm still waiting on out of April's order is comfort seat and carbon belly pan. They'll maybe be here for Xmas!:P
By the way Comfort Screen was the first of my order to appear along with panniers back in mid-August!
I've also had a look at 2004DP catalogue. Those carbon belt covers, swing arm protector etc are definitely on my springtime order list!:P