Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Sep-2005, 11:09
Mille

How about a group purchase of Spaghetti headers or full systems from them? There was one recently on Yahoo from SilMoto which got quite a few US takers, but the systems were a bit expensive once they had been shipped half wayround the world twice.
Before I get nominated, I am in Kuala Lumpur so nipping round to speak to them is a bit tricky. We did look at trying to do something similar here, but so far have not found anyone working to a high enough standard. Most people here make enormous stainless "silencers" for boy racers in Protons at about UKP15 each.
If the price was right I would take two since I have just bought a second SP3 in pieces. Hard to expalin, but I am sure you understand.

Mike
:P
Old 06-Sep-2005, 12:36
Mille

Mood: Privileged ...
Pibbow wrote :

""No mate but I know a man who dose I ask but he is French and you know what they are like!""

---> Tell me more ... I want to learn !!!!
Old 07-Sep-2005, 00:17
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
I'm up for a group purchase. Who is good at organising stuff???!!!
Old 07-Sep-2005, 00:23
Ducati Corse

Christ i haven't even started to try and build a set yet.Unless you are looking at doing it yourself!!
Old 07-Sep-2005, 00:28
Ducati Meccanica

you need to step things up a gear or two mate, time is passing you by.

keep up the good work.
Old 07-Sep-2005, 01:02
Ducati Meccanica

just a word of warning on this subject, there are a lots of sources of these items , but be carefull what you get or get fabricated.
A good friend of mine designs/fabricates exhaust systems and manifolds for high performance motor racing engines etc.
I asked him last year about making some of these items up, from the corse nest of vipers I got from baines.
End result was not going work out much cheaper than proper items, also their is more to making these things up than just welding and bending pipes to look the same.
If you take a good look at proper corse systems and how well they are made up, without loads of weld joins etc, also very carefully calculated pipe lenghs and bend angles etc to get spot on balance between both cylinders.
with a proper set carefully designed for the job you will get results, if not just some nice looking expensive pipwork.
you know what I'm saying guys.
Just my input .
Old 17-Sep-2005, 09:21
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
just for your info, i have a 48mm termignoni "daytona" spaghetti system on my 888 and after having both a SP2 system and then SP5 mufflers on the SP2 headers i can say with confidence the spaghetti system is in a completely different class to the road systems. aside from the light weight stainless tubing, all welds are internally ground for the smoothest finish and best flow. they truly are a work of art and duplicating both the design and performance will be nigh on impossible. staintune in australia here make a spaghetti insert to replace the std crossover and on a mates bike he lost 5hp at peak rpm and about 8hp through the middle (they don't make them anymore).just my FHE.
Old 17-Sep-2005, 10:35
Mille

In order to compare different original models, here are the fitted exhaust lines of my bikes ...

First : Giocamoto mod.
Old 17-Sep-2005, 10:36
Mille

OOOoouuuppppsssss ....
Sorry
Old 17-Sep-2005, 10:39
Mille

Secondly, an original (factory) exhaust line for Corsa 1993, welded by Verlicchi Comp. for Termignoni pipes ...