Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 01-Dec-2005, 13:19
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
North Glos Sound of Thunder and Minitwins should get to race at
Thruxton, Silverstone, Donington, Brands Indy, Cadwell Full, Pembrey and Darley Moor which isn't a bad choice of circuits.
But still waiting for their provisional calender.

As for that Thunderbike schedule Snetterton and Lydden are tracks I can happily avoid doesn't leave much else does it just Brands Indy and the Coix Go-Kart track

Yep, that is definitely a better selection of tracks.

I am bearing in mind that it is a provisional calendar and my similar post on motoforum attracted the attention of Mike Edwards who said things will change. So I hope they do.

I like Snetterton so I don't mind racing there, I like the Indy circuit too - but not enough for three times in a season, especially back to back. I LOVE racing at Cadwell though so I'd be disappointed not to go there. Lydden I could probably do without just on its reputation, never having been there.

I really want to race at Donington in the dry!!!
Old 01-Dec-2005, 13:24
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Since we are talking about selection of tracks, it's hard to beat Derby-Phoenix, IMO. In no particular order:

Donington
Cadwell (twice)
Oulton Park
Mallory
Snetterton
Croft

As everybody knows, all good things are up north.
Old 01-Dec-2005, 14:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Just been reading a post on the NG website where it mentions MRO looks as if it has lost the TV coverage and that New Era Superclub is stepping up a level
http://www.ngroadracing.org/phpBB2/v...777&highlight=
Old 01-Dec-2005, 14:18
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Just read that, Kev. That's a pretty damn good schedule. Hmmm...
Old 01-Dec-2005, 15:32
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Yeah...the calendar for MRO doesn't look brilliant by the looks of it but, if you want quality of competition then MRO is the way to go. By contrast NG and DP were nowhere near in the same league. I'm feel vindicated in not purchasing a 1000ss atm - no northern rounds is a problem for me where I am located atm.

[Edited on 1-12-2005 by twpd]
Old 22-Dec-2005, 00:01

Despite not having turned a wheel yet the ThunderBikes idea is also being serisouly investigated for another high profile organisation. Hopefully we will have the MRO series plus maybe a showcase round or two elsewhere ready for two full on series in 2007.

If I sound like I'm being a bit vague it's because we are still having discussions but, fingers crossed, it will all work out for the best.
Old 24-Dec-2005, 16:54

We now have an extra round added to the Thunderbike series, at Cadwell Park on 8/9 July. The provisional schedule now looks like this:

25/26 March 2006 Snetterton

8/9 April 2006 Lydden

13/14 May 2006 Brands Hatch (Indy)

27/28 May 2006 Croix (france)

8/9 July 2006 Cadwell Park

28/29 July 2006 Brands Hatch (Indy)

14/15 October 2006 Brands Hatch (Indy)

28/29 October 2006 Snetterton

We may also have some Thunderbike races elsewhere as Mike hinted earlier
Old 24-Dec-2005, 17:02

Thunderbike rules

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
trouble with entering Thunderbikes in its first year is you can't be sure if you have made the right choice, bit like fitting a Big Bore kit to a 583 Desmo Due and expecting it to be competitive with a 620 injection bike.

Better the known routes, like Sound of Thunder.

Couldn't agree more, Kev. The biggest uncertainty, aside from the series even getting of the ground, is the clear objective to make Buells competitive. So, if you build yourself a nice 1000DS based race bike and you blow them away, they'll likely change the rules to make you less competitive. Not to my taste, really.

Not true at all. The rules will remain the same as they are now regardless of whether a Buell wins or not. The point of the rules is to make it an even playing field for lots of different manufacturers rather than turn it into a one make series (as SOT has almost become!). We want to see as many manufacturers as possible out there next year, and have already attracted the attention of Bimota, Buell, Ducati, Vyrus, Guzzi & BMW plus privateers on all sorts including SV's, a Laverda twin and an '80's GSXR. It will certainly be an interesting field

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit