Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 08-Aug-2012, 18:36
Bikes: 900 Monster, GPz750 Turbo

Mood: Happy enough most of the time
Another new boy (old git)

Hello all

Been a long time DOC & UKMOC member, but strangely not come across you before. Had loads of bikes over the years, but the only one I've ever kept long term is my 900 Monster which I bought in '97 when it was just 500 miles old. There's not much of the original bike left, frame, swing arm & a few small bits. The rest of it is all carbon, ex 888 race wheels, 900ss engine & forks, Nitron shock, flat slides etc. I've done loads of track days on it, used it as my only transport for a couple of years, basically love it to bits, what a sad old duffer

I've been through the fast jap bike thing ending up with a gsxr1000, which was amazing, but once you've had it flat out & done a very tiring track day on it, just becomes a liability. That was the last other bike I had until a couple months ago when I got all nostalgic & decided to by a project GPz750 Turbo. I'm nearly ready to take for an mot, then I'll ride it about a bit to make sure the motor & box are ok before pulling it apart to stick all the YZF750R running gear I accidentally bought on it.

Any road up I'm of for a gander round here.

Steve

Last edited by Monster966 : 08-Aug-2012 at 19:26.
Old 08-Aug-2012, 23:14
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Monster looks sweet and very functional. Our region did ride over to the UKMOCs weekender a couple of months ago to catch up with Slob and a few of the others.
Got a mate around the coner who has just replaced his 900SS with a 748 but also has two GPZ750 Turbos in the garage, one stock and the one with the wider wheels and fork conversion, which at one point I owned but it only had the wheel and the paint job then and not the other stuff such as differnt turbo and played with injection system

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Aug-2012, 23:36
Bikes: 900 Monster, GPz750 Turbo

Mood: Happy enough most of the time
Cheers, functional is how I like it I've never manged to get to the ukmoc weekender, always been away or doing something else. One year maybe.

I never had a turbo before, just always thought it'd be a laugh. Sort of had a go on one a few weeks ago, one of my mates has got a z650 with a turbo motor & zzr600 wheels/brakes/forks & I reckon I'm right, it will be a laugh. Got to do the modern suspenders & wheels though, so much more fun if it stops as well as it goes. My main thing about it though is the 2 valve air-cooled thing I love 'em.
Old 08-Aug-2012, 23:48
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Years ago i did a Z650 with a Zephyer Arm and ZZR600 Wheels, brakes etc. Can't recall which forks other than they were probably 41mm. In the Z1000 I did I used FZR1000 forks and Wheels, was all good fun. then I discoverd Ducatis and this site in 2002 and have been tinkering with mainly Ducatis ever since

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook