Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Apr-2005, 15:00
Big Twin

IF the dealer had the requisite "I've been changed" stickers you should be able distinguish the cooler without searching for the name.
Seeing as my dealer didn't have the stickers at the time of the changed oil cooler, I've noted it in the history booklet meself.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 15:08
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
IF the dealer had the requisite "I've been changed" stickers you should be able distinguish the cooler without searching for the name.
Seeing as my dealer didn't have the stickers at the time of the changed oil cooler, I've noted it in the history booklet meself.

Good point. I beleive that if they haven't marked it then all it takes is a call to a dealer with the frame/engine number and they can look up the recall history for the bike. I think that is right?
Old 04-Apr-2005, 16:43
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
If the oil cooler is made by KTM, it needs to be swapped. I also had a recall to add an extra bracket to the front brake hose routing.

PS. I've had my 749s 2.5 yrs & the only bike I'd change it for - 749R

Buy the 749 - you'll love it. Be prepared to pay for the servicing though - it ain't cheap.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 16:49
Montjuic

Mood: Ecstatic
Yeah, I ready for it, just about, I've had a monster for a few years and that was rather extreme for an air cooled motorbike!

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by Jayse]