Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Nov-2005, 18:53
Mille

More carbon bling & Query

After months of searching on the net for a nice peice of carbon to replace the metal mudgaurd on the underside of the Multi's swingarm i finally came up trumps Friday afternoon, a quick phone to check they had one in stock and it was paid for and in the post New bling is delivered to my office 8:30 this morning recorded delivery, cant think of a better way to start the week like a kid with a new toy i had to see what it looked like on the bike straight away, so i left early to fit my new bling. This is where i have a query, i removed the first bolt which is screwed into the swingarm ( the one that is on the same side as the side stand, so it would be on the lower angle of the swingarm if you understand what i mean ) as soon as i removed it water poured, not trickled but poured out of the hole, so i put the bolt back im assuming i havent missed some amazing development to help performance by which the swingarm is water cooled once again i removed the bolt and stuck my empty coffee mug under it, i kid you not i had nearly half a mug of clear water i havent had chance yet to check where it could have got in but am concerned it could be a problem in years to come, i wouldnt want to be riding a bike when a corroded swingarm suddenly snaps, anyone have any thoughts on this

[Edited on 8-11-2005 by Tantrum992]
Old 07-Nov-2005, 18:58
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
You need Waxoyl!

Old 07-Nov-2005, 19:09
Mille

Thanx mate
Old 07-Nov-2005, 19:56
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Blimey,not heard of that one before!
I guess water has crept in there through one of the tapped holes.
Hmm,I guess I'd better check mine.

BTW,ItaliaMoto have had those carbon guards in stock for ages.I was fondling them only a couple of weeks ago.
Old 07-Nov-2005, 21:50
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
A couple of guys on http://www.multistrada.net have had this problem as well, quite a recent thread.
Old 08-Nov-2005, 10:00
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by clockwork orange
A couple of guys on http://www.multistrada.net have had this problem as well, quite a recent thread.

Thanx mate, not the same problem but just as worrying, these guys have apparently found holes in the frame where water is getting in and filling the tubes up, how long is a steel tubular frame full of water gonna last