Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-May-2011, 13:45
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I have the shredded remains of a bib, infact i have two shredded remains my sig card got put in washing machine (dont ask) so i was planning on printing out my results and sending them off to newera and asking if they can sign off on them.
Old 03-May-2011, 14:02
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
I have the shredded remains of a bib, infact i have two shredded remains my sig card got put in washing machine (dont ask) so i was planning on printing out my results and sending them off to newera and asking if they can sign off on them.
I lost/forgot my signatures, so printed off the results, highlighted my name (with a note at the bottom of what position I was in with how many finishers), and sent them straight to the ACU with a covering letter explaining the situation and could they upgrade my licence. New licence arrived a few weeks later.
Old 03-May-2011, 14:33
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
used to be 3 race events, and a Sat/Sun race would be classed as 1. I think this was chnaged last year tho, as I used 3 from 2008, plus 7 days from last year and got rid of vest at Cadwell on the Sat.

saying that, mine is a clubman as I havent finished that much in top 50%

I meant 10 race events!! DOH
Old 03-May-2011, 14:35
MotoGP God

I didnt bother; had 8 signtaures, did 2 more days so 10 done and just applied for the new licence as a clubman. If I attain the giddy heights of a Nationla then I guess I'll need to get the singatures to send to ACU
Old 03-May-2011, 15:01
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
I didnt bother; had 8 signtaures, did 2 more days so 10 done and just applied for the new licence as a clubman. If I attain the giddy heights of a Nationla then I guess I'll need to get the singatures to send to ACU

On the back of your license paul does it say roadrace clubman A or different, i just rang ACU they said just print race results and send in to them.
Old 03-May-2011, 15:34
Big Twin

Quote:
I meant 10 race events!! DOH
Not sure if it was ever 10 events, but it was definitely 10 different days last year (so you could gain 2 signatures from the 2 day meetings).

Quote:
I kinda missed out the Novice to Clubman step, using the 10 signatures instead to go straight from Novice to National. I did use my single result from my first race in 2009 (8th at Donnington), but then I didnt start/finish any of the Championship races at Mallory or Pembrey last year, so it is definitely possible in a year. Anyway, point being that I dont think a novice will definitely still have an Orange vest at the end of his first year (I doubt myself, Neal or Alan did last year and I doubt either of the Matts did the previous year). I think it comes down to a common sense approach. Personally, I would say any more that one round in the previous year excludes you, as should any previous racing (even if it was years ago). I think it would be harsh to exclude someone who has had a "taster" round in a previous year.... but 2 or 3 rounds gets you over that novice hurdle.

If you carry on the way you have been you will have a National Licence by the end of the year easily.
Old 03-May-2011, 20:45
Montjuic
Bikes: Tuono Factory - DD #58

They've got rid of the upgrade signatures now so you need 10 days racing at 3 different circuits even if you win every race it doesn't make a difference. Looking at the rules now anyone who still has an orange vest is going to have theirs until they get the national licence as the requirements are the same...
Old 04-May-2011, 22:04
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

So, I figure it is only fair that the requirements for eligibility and the rewards for winning are established before the next round at Angelsey.

As the sponsor, the rules are mine to decide as are the rewards!

But being a fair person I guess I should listen to everyones opinions. Even if there are some 'Randoms'.

All ideas will be considered!!

(What have I let myself in for???)
Old 04-May-2011, 22:16
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxCorp
They've got rid of the upgrade signatures now so you need 10 days racing at 3 different circuits even if you win every race it doesn't make a difference. Looking at the rules now anyone who still has an orange vest is going to have theirs until they get the national licence as the requirements are the same...

dont think so, think the vest drops still after 10 completed race days then yiou are a clubman racer rather than clubman novice - thats how I read it. The national thing has changed a little too
Old 05-May-2011, 08:06
Big Twin

Just save your time and signatures and apply directly for National. Effectively I went from a Novice Bib wearer to National Licence holder in one easy step.

Simple Rules for Novice Championship (in my opinion):

- Orange Bib wearer
- No more than 1 previous Round experience racing (in any series at any time).

This isn't just because I am mates with Hugh (and did it myself), but a lot of people like to try to get to one round at the end of the year before they compete just to get a feel of things. I don't think that necessarily rules them out as being "experienced"..... and it would be harsh if they were excluded from scoring points in a championship set specifically to encourage new people. Beyond one round though and I think they lose their newbie status.