Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Apr-2005, 18:26
Big Twin

I see your point .... but it depends on how you define "quality". I replied that the RP kt was good quality because it is quite thick fibreglass although I don't doubt it would disappear in a nanosecond if I went down on the track ... but for knocks and scrapes getting into vans/trailers etc it will protect. It also fits well once the belly pan hassle is solved so it's quick and easy to change it over. Only remaining hassle is it's white, but I can even get used to that. If I decide on stickers for it then I might paint it. Not fussed at moment though.
Old 21-Apr-2005, 18:40
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Jools,

I've used various kits over the years, to be fair most have been great, but you can get the odd duff kit, Barry the guy who I had used for some time, and freely promoted upon the DSC does great quality kit, thicker where it needs to be, lighter where it doesn't, even adds thicker patches to more crash exposed areas, and sitting down with him you can discuss ideas, changes he could make to make the kit better, stronger, more practical, his only downfall is his turn around time and not being able to say exactly when you would expect your kit. I can order one today from someone else and get it within 10-14 days, or as I have been 6 weeks plus with still no eta.

I've seen some kits which are so thin you can actually see light through the panels, and the slightest knock it new kit time, so you pays your money you takes your chance I guess
Old 22-Apr-2005, 11:29
BSB Star

Henry,

Did you snap those photos last night?
Old 22-Apr-2005, 11:34
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Jools

With regard to it just being track day kit... yes it is but there are quite a few of us now i think that run the bikes in track day kit all the time.

We do enough track days and the bodywork is so bloody expensive that it just makes life easier to keep it in that trim.

I have had my track bodywork painted so the bike looks decent even when out on the road
Old 22-Apr-2005, 11:35
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Henry,

Did you snap those photos last night?

Too tired to start with that last night .... just getting server and PCs back on line here now and wil do it in a bit.
Old 22-Apr-2005, 11:41
BSB Star

Cheers Henry, no rush as such, have a cup of tea and a biccie!
Old 22-Apr-2005, 14:41
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
have you guys tried Armstrong Engineering in Newcastle ?? good quality race fairings you can get them on 0191 2614579.
cheers

Neil
Old 22-Apr-2005, 14:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Cheers Henry, no rush as such, have a cup of tea and a biccie!

Done the tea and biccie thing now ... here's the pictures

Race Products belly pan modified so it now fits. Still needs the resin cleaning up, the gaps filling and painting but as it is (mostly) all underneath you don't notice it anyway.

Large rectangular cutout needed first to allow room for front pipe. That now pokes through by a couple cm. Then the slot needed to be cut to allow it to fit around the battery holder. I then bridged the gap with a piece of the cutout fibreglass and screwed it on with self tappers. THen used wire mesh and glass matting with resin to strengthen on the inside (see next pics)

[Edited on 22-4-2005 by HW]
Old 22-Apr-2005, 14:48
Big Twin

(previous post edited too)
Old 22-Apr-2005, 14:49
Big Twin

rear section of belly pan - could have been left with no glassing really as the upright biot at the back was still attached as a pivot point