Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-May-2006, 22:17
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Not quite sure what you mean moto748 but I'm not familiar with 7 series electrics - just my ageing 900ss.

BTW I've also put heatshrink wrap on all the cables as well, since I'm up here in the barren, frozen wastelands of the North East!

I got a bit of a naff job lot off Ebay - in short lengths - I notice Maplin sell it in 1m strips which would be a lot easier for this job - Ho Hum.

Frank
Old 19-May-2006, 22:24
500SD

Mood: wobbly !!!
Its still going on, and if there is a problem I am going to blame you Frank
Kev
Old 19-May-2006, 22:33
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

- Can I suggest Electrex first

I also gave the Alloy mounting plate a damn good cleaning as well, in a feeble attempt to improve the heat transfer.

Frazzled and Fried Franko
Old 19-May-2006, 23:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
I remember fitting an Electrex to my 1998 916 and never had a problem. Also, if you need wiring stuff, I use these guys as you can buy small quantities of just about everything you need wiring wise: Vehicle Wiring Products
Old 20-May-2006, 01:49
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello

This might be another take on things, as I am on my third regulator,
the orignal one burnt the wires out at the main junction block melting everything, so I thought cut the wires back replace regulator and all would be fine, same thing happened, for me personally using the bike over winter/and on wet days I found the connectors were covered in corrosion due to salt from the roads.

So went down the Electrex route,
even went to pick the new regulator up, so to ask what the heck was the difference between Ducati part. (this was a few years back now) and my answer was they are exactly the same as VFR regulators ie refurbished.

so I took away a regulator that even though has smaller wires the base unit is a better build, I was advised that your problem would start from the regulator outwards, ie ducati wiring.

I have replaced the orignal connecting blocks with straight through thicker guage wires, and touch wood all well.

regards

TopiToo