Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 26-Oct-2004, 22:03
Ducati Corse

Bemsee/MRO meet - 23/24 Oct at Brands Hatch - Francis Williamson

I couldn't make the meeting due to being on holiday, however, I heard tonight that a good friend of the DSC - Francis Williamson (ex MRO, BSB privateer, etc) - who raced in the RSVR race and came 2nd, was later attacked by up to 4 people when he was walking through the paddock with his wife and young son

If anyone who attended the meeting witnessed the attack I would be grateful for your account of what happened as Francis's friends feel a formal protest needs to be made to the organisors. Please email or U2U me if you saw the incident. Thanks.
Old 26-Oct-2004, 23:03
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
whats it coming to when you cant walk through the paddock without getting attacked
Old 26-Oct-2004, 23:04
500SD

Thats really awful.

I hope they are all ok ?
Old 26-Oct-2004, 23:21
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Bad news, hope he's ok. "Formal complaint" Was it race related then Henners?
Old 27-Oct-2004, 00:01
Ducati Corse

Correct Roy ..

.. we know who attacked him - a fellow racer who had successfully complained that the screen on Francis's Aprilla was 1.5" too tall - we need witnesses.
Old 27-Oct-2004, 00:06
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Hrmmm ... in front of his wife and his little man? Over 1.5 inches of screen?

That is not on! No red mist excuses as clearly they weren't on the track anymore or just rolled in if he was with the wife and the little fella.

I hope you find some witnesses to sort this guy out the proper way but either way, this guy needs sorting out!
Old 27-Oct-2004, 00:18
500SD

That is so sad over a poxy screen.
Old 28-Oct-2004, 12:21
Ducati Corse

Outcome

Following a complaint to the MRO the racer who attacked Francis has been admonished. In addition, the racer has lost his nomination for MRO Sportsman of the Year for which he was a leading contender - this award has previously been won by Hailwood, Duke and Sheene. It is a great shame that a moments recklessness has caused so much upset for so many people.
Old 28-Oct-2004, 12:29
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Some people just make you sick.
He should lose his race license. (at least)
Francis is such a decent bloke too and loves his racing.
Hope he's OK.
Old 28-Oct-2004, 12:41
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Henners
Following a complaint to the MRO the racer who attacked Francis has been admonished. In addition, the racer has lost his nomination for MRO Sportsman of the Year for which he was a leading contender - this award has previously been won by Hailwood, Duke and Sheene. It is a great shame that a moments recklessness has caused so much upset for so many people.

Well that is a good result really, it's good to see people being supported by the system. It's when that doesn't happen that the level of injustice increases and people take matters into there own hands.

I struggle to understand how he got there. I can understand people getting upset because they perceive other people to be cheating. I know I am extremely competitive (sometimes in an understated way ..) I've been there myself and in different situations. On the rugby pitch you can dispense your own little bit of justice and that is largely considered acceptable but I also played basketball to a reasonably high level and if we lost it cost us money, so we were keen to see cheating get dealt with quickly. I remember myself (I was only 14 though in my defence) walking over to belt some bloke after a game because he was blatantly cheating and getting away with it.

But in front of his wife and little tacker? In very poor taste and you would have expected a bit of 'communal' justice to be meted out.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit