Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 19-Sep-2005, 23:12

Mood: .. when's the next trackday
05 999 mods

After going from a 998 with termis & chip to a stock 999 I was disappointed... then depressed. Too quiet, and where's the punch?

My local dealer said that although the parts were in the catalog, they weren't available yet. "...we've got several people waiting"

By this time I was getting fed up with my environmentally friendly Honda Superdream, sorry 999; so I rang up Ducati UK and gave them stick. Hey presto, two days later a call from the dealer, saying they had magically recieved a system for me.

A lot of buggering about with springs later I was in love again.

As well as the fantastic 102dB noise, it has transformed the bike. It's like there's a pint of Stella in every gallon of fuel, wheelies of the throttle and has fully restored my grin.

I reckon the standard pipe really chokes the bike as the tickover shot up to nearly 2,000 rpm with the open pipe.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or am I just imagining it to justify waking up all those motorists.

Oh, and after reading every slipper clutch post going, I'm still confused. Which one should I be looking for?

I'm about to start doing some trackdays, I'd like an open cover so I can see stuff spinning around, and it needs to not make that dying goat noise away from the lights that the standard one does.

Thanks