Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 08-Feb-2013, 00:10

Hello from Lincolnshire!

Hi guys, been browsing site (admittedly whilst at work!) for a while now and having just had my 2004 749 delivered today I thought it's about time I signed up and introduced myself!!

Just typical for me though, the bike was delivered but a friend had to take it in (I was at work) and now I've checked it over I've noticed something not upto standard

When me and my friend checked it over, we found that the rear brake light was on constantly, after checking we noticed the cable to the front brake had come off, we fixed this back and it works perfect now, HOWEVER..... the damn brake light bulb must of been on for hours!!! Its melted the rear light lense How on earth this has happened beats me as it would of had to have had the ignition on for a long time!

So, sorry to burden you guys with my first post (just my luck you see!) If anyone knows where I can get a replacement (tried Ebay, not many there, all in USA) i would be forever in your debt!

Hope to see some of you at some meets this summer
Old 08-Feb-2013, 07:25
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Welcome from a fellow yellow Belly
Sorry to hear about the problem, where did you buy it from & who delivered the bike?
Ist port of call if you get no luck from the seller would be to give Neil a ring at http://cornerspeed.co.uk/ or
Terry a ring at Italia http://www.italiamotoltd.co.uk/

Chris
Old 08-Feb-2013, 22:26

Hi chris, thanks for the welcome, tried replying earlier when i was at work but we are on IE6 so it didnt work lol

Thanks for the links too, garage says they will order another lens for me on monday so hopefully it won't take too long!

Thanks for the links, if this falls through i'll give them a try!!
Old 09-Feb-2013, 00:33
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hi There!

Halfrauds (among others) sell temporary lens repair tape if you are despearate to get out and try your new beastie

If possible for work browsing, try installing Google Chrome, I managed to before the IT red tape fell.

Welcome onboard.

Frank