Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 09-Aug-2013, 12:53
Bikes: 2004 749

Hi from Reading

Hi there. My name is Alec and I have just signed on up to the club. I have a Ducati 749 and this is my first Ducati after having Japanese bikes since I was a lad. Hopefully I am going to get out on the next Sunday run and am looking forward to meeting up with other Ducati bods!
Old 09-Aug-2013, 15:27
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Welcome to the club Alec!

Your copy of Pronto magazine went in the post yesterday (as I posted it myself!) and your account has been upgraded to full membership status.

Your membership pack should arrive shortly

For now, make sure you get your name in the draw for the spot on the MotoGP dinner if you're interested... http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...d.php?p=801681

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 09-Aug-2013, 20:02
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

And welcome from a 'Monkey Hanger'
Old 09-Aug-2013, 20:05

Thanks for confirming that the mag is in the post - look forward to having a read. Ta also for the welcome and I look forward to meeting some fellow Ducati riders soon. Will just have to polish down the bike and get her warmed up for the weekend.
Old 09-Aug-2013, 21:48
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Hi, welcome to the family. We are meeting at Popham this weekend see you there if you go. There will be a few less as most of the members are racing at Pembrey this weekend. Keep an eye out for the short bloke trying to get off his Ducati. It wont be me I'll be the one stood there laughing at him

Craig
Old 10-Aug-2013, 11:24

Hi Craig - thanks for the welcome. Is there any ride out from Newbury or are the local riders hitting Popham? Either way I am up for a blast out. What sort of time? I will be the tall bloke trying to look casual peeling himself off of his small Ducati.
Old 10-Aug-2013, 11:50
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Hi Alec. There is usualy a group of the Oxford crew that meet Newbury way usualy Nelsons Diner at Kingsclere or Mc D's at Newbury then ride on down to Popham. But they are at Pembry this weekend. Midday onwards people will turn up. There is another ride out from Loomies cafe in Hampshire with a few peeps riding into Popham. Believe it or not I'm coming by car this week as Just had a nose job and I cant put a helmet on yet or else I would have meet you and rode down.

(don't forget to ride all the way down to the club house - ignore the car park sign).

Some of us meet at Loomies Cafe GU32 1JX at 11:00 for the ride to Popham SO21 3BD.

PLEASE KEEP THE SPEED DOWN WHILST ON THE AIRFIELD ROAD

Join up for a chat and rideout.

Directions

Coming from London M3 take left fork onto A303 just past junction 7. Continue past airfield and take slip road to Micheldever Station to double back other side of A303.

Coming from the West along A303 take slip road for Overton/Micheldever Station, and continue as if going back onto A303.

Coming from Winchester turn left at M3 junction 9 onto A34 then fork right onto A33. Continue until left turn to Micheldever just past Ideal Garage. Follow signs to Overton. Turn right immediately after going under A303 flyover

Craig
Old 11-Aug-2013, 10:49

Thanks for the info Craig. I will dive on over to get there a bit after midday so look forward to seeing you then.
Cheers - Alec
Old 11-Aug-2013, 20:14
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Good to meet you Alec, we couldmt find you before we left but hope you got your mega meet ticket
Old 11-Aug-2013, 21:59

Hi. Good to meet you all and am primed for the next catchup. Will try and dive down next weekend as have the tickets thanks! I had a quick stroll and dived off after a few of the other Ducatis. Catch you soon.