Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-May-2006, 08:11
Mille

Hi guys,

I removed the clutch, checked the pressure plate bearing and it moves freely and ok .So it might be the poor quality fluid i have used. Can anybody explain how to properly flush the hydraulic fluid from the clutch system \??

For the other noise, i removed all the plates from the basket in order to hear something at idle (it'so fooking loud). With the plates removed i could still hear the mettalic sound that scared me before. After checking i found the primary driven gear was missing 2 teeth.

I replace it with a used one just to start it again and check for additional sounds, till i will have the chance to order the set of gears.

Nop other sound yet, how do the big end bearings gone sound like???

As i know 916 is running 2:1 primary drive ratio (31/62 gears). Can i fit the 996 32/59 ones cause i heard the 2:1 ratio makes the same teeth fall in the same place every time straining the gears and finally breaking them.

Will the 996 ones fit? What would be the benefit? What are the cons?

Regards
Old 02-May-2006, 19:43
Mille

Mood: Meditating
Are you running a foam over-mouth filter in the air-box?

I had the same thing happen at the end of Pembrey Straight. I Hit braking marker fine, bike kept accelerating. Ran out of bend, then ran out of run-off.

The JHP filter I had in the air-box had broken down and jammed the butterfly wide open.
Old 02-May-2006, 21:07
Mille

No, i used to in the past, but i switched to BMC side ones this year. Thanks anyway