Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 24-Mar-2014, 18:34

Evenin' all

I've been a lurker here for a while now, mainly for tech info, so I thought I'd introduce myself and come out of the closet.
I'm a Moderator on the best Buell site in the World (UKBEG) and a good chum of Digger, who I believe is late of this Parish.
A bit about me:
I'm a Teacher in a Special school - but not for much longer, I'm due to take early retirement in Sept. mainly because I'm sick of being a Drone for the HMRC and life is too short!
Apart from bikes, I'm a rock climber and Mountaineer and spend a lot of my Hols guiding expeditions in the greater ranges, and despite holding a PPL, my first love is Paragliding but I no longer teach this as my Instructor rating lapsed owing to time constraints.
Apart from Eric Buell (check out his sensational EBR bikes) and John Britten (sat on the Britten at last years Ulster GP) any Road Racer is my hero, and I'm in love with Maria Costello who must have the largest cajones of any female on the planet.

My bikes are:
Duc 1198 Termis+ECU, KTech rear shock, DDS fork cartridge kit, Shorai battery (spins it over like 2 smoke once the battery is warm )
Buell X1 (3 of them)
Buell M2 with a S1 subframe welded onto it.
Buell 1125 track bike
JAP/Enfield race bike
Tri T140 rebuilt as new
Fantic 300 twinshock trials
Scorpa 150 trials
CRF 250 Enduro
H*nda VTR race bike
....and a shed full of Brit nails collected over the last 30 years.

If anyone lives near the N.Wales border and fancies a canter out sometime, then I'm up fer it (bearing in mind I'm a bit of a poof when it comes to rain and cold tarmac)

PS Does anyone know where Tony Forster from Motocorse in Wrexham has cleared off to? I always warned him about the dangers of Alien abduction, but perhaps he's still on the Mothership being probed )

Cheers
Adam
Old 24-Mar-2014, 21:48
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Hi Adam and congratulations on coming out
A couple of the Desmo Due guys may know of Tony's whereabouts as they were using him for their engine prep, starngely enough those same guys are from your neck of the woods

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Mar-2014, 21:00
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Welcome Adam,

Gotta admit I have a soft spot for Buell's after riding one a few years back at the Emma's event in Lincolnshire - been a few times now to the Buell/Italian event, always felt welcome.

Nice to know where there is someone local to Anglesey

Cheers - Frank
Old 08-Jun-2014, 14:35
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Thew little ginger fella (Tony Forster) has zoomed off to Ducati Santa Barbera in California.
Old 19-Jun-2014, 11:15
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Heck of a collection
Old 19-Jun-2014, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
Heck of a collection

Just added a T150 (imported in boxes from a Desert area in the USA).
It seems to have very low miles, pistons were like new. So with new rings and every motor bearing and seal replaced, it should be hitting the tarmac soon - if it doesn't leak every where! I hate oily bikes

Old 13-Sep-2014, 12:29

Not sure which is the best Adam, the bike or the workshop lol. I spy a Super Seven up the corner to. Great little lathes. Good luck with the oil leaks and keep up the good work with the British bikes mate.
Old 13-Sep-2014, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldminer
Not sure which is the best Adam, the bike or the workshop lol. I spy a Super Seven up the corner to. Great little lathes. Good luck with the oil leaks and keep up the good work with the British bikes mate.

I spent hours with a surface plate getting the mating surfaces flat (as I did with my completely oil tight T140) and the T150 doesn't leak a drop
Just bought a RD 350 YPVS and that leaked from most joints, but after a rebuild consisting of new crank, pistons, powervalve seals, fork emulators etc, that doesn't leak now. It's my first stink wheel, and I bought it because I couldn't afford one when I was a yoof. I'm now polluting (and wheelying ) all around N.Wales.