Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Jan-2011, 20:03
Mille
Bikes: 916SPS and DD #21

Mood: Optimistic
I was initially in before I knew the date, but we are supposed to be going away for a week in Scotland over Easter, so I'm sat on the fence now because Mallory's date works for me :-/
Also, Kev thought Spa didn't look likely a week or so back but I've not booked/paid for Scotland yet... So what do you reckon Kev... Need to know before the end of this week really!
Old 10-Jan-2011, 20:43
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
[quote=Sorted]I was initially in before I knew the date, but we are supposed to be going away for a week in Scotland over Easter, so I'm sat on the fence now because Mallory's date works for me

Your brave travelling all this way North, where you heading to in Bonny Scotland if Spa does not materialise?

I have emailed Kev to tell him to SAVE YOU FROM DISASTER!!!!

Steve
Old 10-Jan-2011, 20:59
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Blimey, I have moved to Brussels already. I only travel home to fettle the little tinker DD bike. Amongst other things................lol
Old 10-Jan-2011, 21:08
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Got your email Steve, came through as I was on the phone to Ron

The numbers for Spa are looking better all the time, although nowhere near the amount required for a full grid. Luckily for us we don't need to fill the whole grid as we should have a bit of help on that front from elsewhere.
Talks are still on going with various other groups. It could turn out that we only need to fill half of the grid or maybe as litlle as a third.
Where half a grid is 25ish and a third 17ish, we are almost up to the third of a grid at the moment, so it then depends on the other classes/groups to fill their share.
As you can see its complicated and there are more discussions taking place either tomorrow or the next day with one of the groups.
The organisers want a full program of full grids which is why different options are being considered resulting in it being long winded.
Hopefully I will have a update before the end of the week.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Jan-2011, 21:41
500SD

Thanks for the update

Mark
Old 10-Jan-2011, 22:02
Mille

[quote=steve41]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
I was initially in before I knew the date, but we are supposed to be going away for a week in Scotland over Easter, so I'm sat on the fence now because Mallory's date works for me

Your brave travelling all this way North, where you heading to in Bonny Scotland if Spa does not materialise?

I have emailed Kev to tell him to SAVE YOU FROM DISASTER!!!!

Steve

Pmsl...
Hi Steve,
We're doing the touristy thing: It's not booked up yet but we will be in our Motorhome.. First night stop over in the Lake District then Loch Lomond area for a night or 2.. Travelling and sightseeing up the West Coast for 2 or 3 nights and around Inverness area for 2 nights.. Back to Edinburgh a couple of nights and then home via maybe Chester for a night.
Old 11-Jan-2011, 07:46
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

[quote=Sorted]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve41

Pmsl...
Hi Steve,
We're doing the touristy thing: It's not booked up yet but we will be in our Motorhome.. First night stop over in the Lake District then Loch Lomond area for a night or 2.. Travelling and sightseeing up the West Coast for 2 or 3 nights and around Inverness area for 2 nights.. Back to Edinburgh a couple of nights and then home via maybe Chester for a night.
You seem to have missed out Belgium
Old 11-Jan-2011, 20:48
Mille

I'm well up for a trip off the Island this year, in one condition, we all chip in, buy 20,000 tons of Napalm and blow Mallory Park off the map

I'm in!!!

cranker #71
bradders #7
ghost #61
jolley #35
phil the drill #5
senna 3
Steve M
Andy P
Dallas
Paul K
Tom R
Dave M
Mark E
Skidlids
Mad48 #36

Oh ye, whats the date of it again?
Old 11-Jan-2011, 23:05
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Easter weekend

cranker #71
bradders #7
ghost #61
jolley #35
phil the drill #5
senna 3
Steve M
Andy P
Dallas
Paul K
Tom R
Dave M
Mark E
Skidlids
Neal C
Mad48 #36

I make that 16 along with one possible and Alan P (aka Sorted) if news comes quick enough, so could be 18

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Jan-2011, 19:35
Mille

Hi Kev,
I have told Summer we need to hold off booking Scotland for another week or possibly 2... Then smiled and offered to take her out to Cambridge tonight, so she can meet up with a few of her mates for a Karaoke Blitz!!

It worked and we're off in an hour.... So have about a fortnight to secure Spa :-)