Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Mar-2011, 10:12
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Coming second.

As most of you heard, I came second (again) in Qualy and in both races.

I don't mind coming second, but I would have liked to be able to see the bloke in front, No! not because I like the view of Niels arse but because I'd like to be closer than 18 seconds behind!

Now this thread is the best place and time for all the Awesome abuse that I'm sure to attract.

Maybe a bit of preparation and hard work before Mallory park could help me to catch up.

I have lots to do, As Neil said, it's not all about power! but having 5bhp more will help at Mallory

Matt Awesome Lawson - The Great!
Old 13-Mar-2011, 10:29
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Keep the Faith Matt, I'm sure you will close the gap as thye season goes on and when you have the likes of Steve M, Andy P, Dallas and Will out there you will probably find yourself havinga bit more of a battle

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 13-Mar-2011, 11:57
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Cool Thanks kev - I really was expecting Insults :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Keep the Faith Matt, I'm sure you will close the gap as thye season goes on and when you have the likes of Steve M, Andy P, Dallas and Will out there you will probably find yourself havinga bit more of a battle

Oh! I've got faith Dude! - I'm Awesome don't you know!

It would be great to have a good race instead of miles of space in front and behind.

Bring on Mallory!
Old 13-Mar-2011, 12:11
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

TBH Matt, going to say hello to the marshalls up the Grass bank at the bottom of Graham Hill bend didn't help your chances in the first race!
Old 13-Mar-2011, 12:29
Big Twin

no, probably not, They did give me the 'special wave' on the cool down lap, but race 2 was the same story without any sight seeing trips.
Old 13-Mar-2011, 12:46
Big Twin

what happend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
TBH Matt, going to say hello to the marshalls up the Grass bank at the bottom of Graham Hill bend didn't help your chances in the first race!

What happend was that I got the best start and made it to turn 1 first, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPEND TO ME BEFORE, It completely through me and I didn't know what the hell was going on then I went into druids way to slow and didn't get a good drive out either then Niel Dived up the inside at Graham hill bend giving me a bit of a fright, (I've never been overtaken before), and I went wide and slow into Graham hill bend as well, then as always happens when you cock up a corner you cock up the next one as well. In the time i was poncing about Neil had pulled quite a gap alwready, So, I could still see him and set about trying to catch up, which in 1 or 2 laps I had, I caught up just as we got to druids and I tried to round it a bit quicker than him to get the advantage on the drive dowm the hill........ thats where it went wrong. I ran too wide on the exit and took to the kirbs then the rubber stuff then the grass, then I tried to rejoin the track but there was such a big bump I lost control again and went off the other side at Graham hill bend by the time I rejoined the track I was at the pit lane entrance half way along the cooper straight and in 5th or 6th place!
Old 13-Mar-2011, 12:51
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
What happend was that I got the best start and made it to turn 1 first, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPEND TO ME BEFORE, It completely through me and I didn't know what the hell was going on then I went into druids way to slow and didn't get a good drive out either then Niel Dived up the inside at Graham hill bend giving me a bit of a fright, (I've never been overtaken before), and I went wide and slow into Graham hill bend as well, then as always happens when you cock up a corner you cock up the next one as well. In the time i was poncing about Neil had pulled quite a gap alwready, So, I could still see him and set about trying to catch up, which in 1 or 2 laps I had, I caught up just as we got to druids and I tried to round it a bit quicker than him to get the advantage on the drive dowm the hill........ thats where it went wrong. I ran too wide on the exit and took to the kirbs then the rubber stuff then the grass, then I tried to rejoin the track but there was such a big bump I lost control again and went off the other side at Graham hill bend by the time I rejoined the track I was at the pit lane entrance half way along the cooper straight and in 5th or 6th place!

Has anybody got this on film, good example of "WHAT NOT TOO DO"!!!!
Old 13-Mar-2011, 13:01
Big Twin

how the hell do you spell Neil/Niel/Neal ?

no wonder I'm a shop keeper.
Old 13-Mar-2011, 13:39
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
As far as I remember, you love Mallory and Neil hates it. Should make things a bit more even.

After that though, you best start actually being awesome or I'll have to be lining up on the grid to make things a bit more interesting.

Boring DD races are against Timmmy law!

Have more faith in yourself. Neil's a great rider. Fast off the start and consistent too. There's nothing wrong with your ability though and I've seen you do things I thought were impossible. Don't make the mistake of writing yourself off before you start. Less yap,less gap.

Wise words from a has been
Old 13-Mar-2011, 16:36
Big Twin

I do love Mallory, I've never done very well there though O:-)

My superior power should help the drag from Edwina's up the hill and the race down devils elbow after the Bus stop though.

But thanks for the support mate, I'd love to see you on spot no. 2. :-) on the start grid though.

Matt