Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Mar-2012, 16:59
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
The fuel injection is still adding fuel upto 70 degrees. That's considered "normal". That does seem a little thirsty though. I'd suggest getting it checked/setup properly. The ECU's aren't plug'n'play and need a reset to align everything.
I got around 80miles out of mine but dipped to 65 ish on "spirited" rides.
Old 06-Mar-2012, 23:29
Bikes: 1098s

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly
The fuel injection is still adding fuel upto 70 degrees. That's considered "normal". That does seem a little thirsty though. I'd suggest getting it checked/setup properly. The ECU's aren't plug'n'play and need a reset to align everything.

i know the original owner bought it from jhp Coventry from new which they fitted exhaust etc surely they would of done the reset?, when run on a dyno can ajustments be made without a pc111? thanks in advance.
Old 07-Mar-2012, 09:41
Ducati Corse

You'd expect so. Generally, the ECU can't be adjusted. There is software available that can remap the ECU but it's not in wide use.
It'd be worth dropping by your nearest dealer and get a TPS reset done and the idle mixture set. They are the datums from which the fuel tables work from.
Old 07-Mar-2012, 10:05

last night i read a huge post on another forum about cold running temps, and wonder if i should wait until the weather warms up a bit to see if its down to the fact it seems to be running in the cold map as its not getting hotter than 56c or cover part of the radiator to see if the temp risses enough to run the hot map and see if mpg's improve. what do you think nelly? and thanks again for the response.
Old 07-Mar-2012, 15:25
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Jase, don't pay much heed to the cold running stuff, you need to double check your figures and if correct you have an issue!

If you really want to make a difference, chop it in fo an 1198sp with a bigger fuel tank 'simples'

My 1098s with making excellent progress would do light on at worst about 70 miles on road and 60 on track, 1198sp just a bit longer but if I ride it well then 100 before the light comes on.

Sounds like you need to get yours checked out by a competent Ducati Mech mate.
Old 07-Mar-2012, 15:31
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
... makes me think thats why i stink of fuel when i get off the bike ...

A cold o-ring could cause leaking of the fuel line quick disconnect.
Old 08-Mar-2012, 13:45
Ducati Corse

thermostat isn't opening til about 70 or 80 so covering rad wouldn't help a great deal. The cold running will have an effect, but a setup is probably the best course.
Old 09-Mar-2012, 12:00

ok chaps ive just been on the phone to my local dealer M&S motorcycles newcastle the guy i spoke to passed my info on to the ducati mechanic and he said that a reset wouldnt make that much difference tbh and the Co cant be adjustd on a 1098. so im wondering if i should just wait till the weather warms up and see what happens from there. on a side note does the oil constantly run throught the oil cooler or only when its up to temp like the coolant?
Old 09-Mar-2012, 12:21
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

24 to the gallon would be about right if you were on the track in the fast group or racing and thrashing the nuts of it.
Old 09-Mar-2012, 12:49
Ducati Corse

Is the bike on stock exhausts or Termis? I'd misread the thread and assumed you had Termis hence the CO adjustment idea. If the performance ECU is fitted, then adjustment is possible. If it's stock, the lambda in the front header could be playing up...