Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 17-Mar-2009, 13:44

Hello

Hi there i hope to be at Cadwell for your event in June with the Ducati Glasgow Guys,unfortunately my work takes me overseas so i wont know if i can make it until the start of may,i will be looking to join the club as soon as i get home around the end of the month,

Cheers,Bob.

Last edited by bob s : 08-Nov-2010 at 22:53.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 14:12
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
welcome Bob and if you can get the 1198 around Cadwell as fast as Martin from Ducati Glasgow then as you say then the track is probably the best place to be and no better track than Cadwell in June for two days

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Mar-2009, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
welcome Bob and if you can get the 1198 around Cadwell as fast as Martin from Ducati Glasgow then as you say then the track is probably the best place to be and no better track than Cadwell in June for two days

I'm not up to Martins pace(yet) but i will be doing all i can to be there in June,
I done my first Cadwell trackday last year and due to the size of the circuit i didnt get up to a decent pace untill late afternoon,is your event open pitlane ???
Old 17-Mar-2009, 15:29
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
It would be nice if it was Bob, but it'll be the usual three groups with 20 minute sessions.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 17-Mar-2009, 15:38
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
You're in the right place Bob!!
Old 17-Mar-2009, 16:13
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob s
,is your event open pitlane ???

I'm sure many wish it were but as we try to encourge trackday novices to come along and learn to ride a track in a safe friendly enviroment it wouldn't be fair on them, then there are those with some trackday experience that want to ride their Ducati on track but not among all the racers that are hooning around. So best we stick with 3 groups per hour. Still plenty of track time over the two days

Old 17-Mar-2009, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I'm sure many wish it were but as we try to encourge trackday novices to come along and learn to ride a track in a safe friendly enviroment it wouldn't be fair on them, then there are those with some trackday experience that want to ride their Ducati on track but not among all the racers that are hooning around. So best we stick with 3 groups per hour. Still plenty of track time over the two days

I agree totally,i have only just moved into the intermediate group myself so i wouldn't want to be out there with the super-fast racers either,i remeber my first trackday at knockhill where i was out with some really fast guys,it was more like the wacky races with bikes going down all over the place,not an enjoyable experience at all !!!
Old 17-Mar-2009, 16:34
MotoGP God

Luckily we only had to put up with slow racers last year, the likes of Michael Rutter, John Laverty and John Kirkham